Quality Inspector - Bolton - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 72dc2b
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Bolton - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Shop Floor Quality Inspector
Ensure that all inspection activities within the site are carried out to process.
Demonstrates working knowledge and technical competence in inspection of aerospace products / components
Provide technical support and liaison between quality, engineering and production departments.
Have knowledge of CMM machines and inspection
Full understanding for interpreting drawings, standards and specifications within the department
Ensure competency for measurement of components related to job criteria for the department
Verify that only approved parts and materials have been used; check batch card against material certificates located in Final View or Purchasing Department
Ensure processes are carried out correctly in particular using batch card disciplines, NCR process and use of calibrated equipment
Ensure issue of drawings and specifications conforms to the batch card
Maintain the standard of inspection, eg, conformance of all details, sub-assemblies, etc
Documentation at each inspection stage is endorsed as "acceptable", "reject", "needing rework", or "concession", and to identify by labelling and a pink batch card when applicable
* All drawing and CMM inspection requirements are satisfied
* Identification marks are legible and conform to the drawing requirements
* Be a stamp holder by maintaining the standards acceptable to the Quality Manager and report the loss of inspection stamp immediately.
* Be subject to surveillance checks by the Quality Manager or his/her nominee
* Capable of performing the inspection of work assigned in accordance with the duties of "authorised inspector"
* Maintains a high degree of proficiency and exercises good judgment in performance within scope of responsibility
* Organise, prioritise and schedule all inspection processes and activities to meet production/customer deadlines.
* To provide and administer a professional and efficient service to all internal and external customers
* Maintain working relationships with colleagues by adopting suitable behaviour and setting high personal standards, which assist to persuade and promote performance from all the team
* Demonstrate commitment to all Quality related procedures and issues within the department
* Utilize safety practices and procedures following established company safety rules and regulations to maintain safe, 5s and clean work area.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Calm under pressure
Integrity and trust.
Ability to make the correct decision for the company/customer requirements in a pressurised environment.
Ability to be self motivated and able to prioritise workload in line with business/customer requirements.
Ability to build relationships at all levels.
Effective Time Management.
Good understanding of Aerospace industry.
Experience of aerospace processes.
* Time Served
Hours of work:
3 x 12 hour shifts: - - Alternating weeks:
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
Please send your CV in the first instance