Mechanical Engineer - St Ives | Zoek UK | 7415ed
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
St Ives, Cambridgeshire, England
Temporary (Full time)
The HireWorks are looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer for our globally renowned client in St Ives, Cambridgeshire.
In this role you will be developing new sub-systems and technology-based products for industrial printing applications. Reporting to the Hardware Engineering Manager, this position is a great opportunity to create the next technology for our clients products. Starting from the concept stage, the successful candidate will develop working lab demonstrators, prototypes and ultimately technology suitable for production.
This role will require extensive use of modelling, laboratory build prototypes, development, and refinement to establish the next generation of technical advances. You will work in a collaborative environment, where support and encouragement are provided to grow and develop.
The responsibilities of the ideal candidate are:
- Generating and developing innovative solutions to meet our customer’s expanding needs, covering all aspects of mechanical engineering, including electro-mechanical and fluid dynamics.
- Technology development, to provide a competitive advantage.
- Setting up and performing laboratory tests and experiments, analysing the results and refining components based on real world observations.
- Working across OpCos and all fields in Engineering, to take the technology from an idea to a solution suitable for a mass production process, developing rapport, engagement and understanding between all parties.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting, across a diverse, multi-disciplinary development team.
- Technical specialist on mechanical engineering matters, whilst ensuring and maintaining a professional and safe working environment
The ideal candidate will be:
- Motivated, driven and continually seeks to improve personal performance.
- Curious, with a genuine interest in engineering and technology.
- Comfortable working self-sufficiently and in collaboration with the wider team.
- Creative with a good balance of development and product realisation.
- A collaborative individual able to work with different people, companies, and processes.
The ideal canididate may also have:
- Detailed knowledge on topics including mechanical engineering from first principles, sophisticated system integration, analytical skills, and problem-solving ability.
- Design of products using CAE tools, integrating mechanics, electronics, and software.
- Experienced in Creo / SolidWorks, with additional use of Adobe Illustrator and Windchill a distinct advantage.
This role is a 9 month contract which will more than likely be extended.
Contact Scott for more information.