£20.2k per year
First Personnel is currently recruiting for a Material Handler position for our client in Kidlington .
Dutties are but not limited to
- To ensure raw materials are stored, recorded and controlled, prepared in the correct condition and issued to production in a timely manner as per the Material Handlers Plan. To ensure that Finished Goods and WIP are scanned onto the Jobshop system and palletised.
- Management, handling and control of all Raw Material in the store on the Mezzanine ensuring all materials are located correctly and scanned in location on Jobshop.
- Referring to the Material Handlers Sheet - issue and transport raw material from the store to the factory location driers and day bins, recording all movements as they happen with the bar code scanners. Material must be prepared in advance with reference to the correct drying conditions and available for the factory in a timely manner to ensure Production meet their targets set in the Daily Production Plan.
- Management of Raw Materials from the Bulk Store in the Outback via the Bulk Material Feed system, keeping the system well fed and issuing materials as needed.
- Emptying and Clean down of machine hoppers and return of left over materials in part bags to the Mezzanine store. Weighing and recording of part bags and scanning and return to store in a controlled manner.
- Issuing Masterbatch to shop floor and loading to the correct recipe and calibration of dosers to ensure correct colour match of components, referring to the recipe book for correct percentage, updating if needed and referring to the process pack in case of any inconsistencies.
- Issuing 4 hourly (and at intervals between as required) of returnable packaging and card boxes and layer card and foam to the shop floor to support Operators and PQCs to maintain production
- Use trolley to visit workstations and collect product regularly to ensure smooth flow of finished product.
- At Booking Area scan boxes to book into Jobshop.
- Once all boxes are booked on trolley successfully and Bulk WIP Recording has closed, move trolley into palletising area.
- In palletising area move trolley round pallet locations unloading correct boxes onto correct pallets using Machine Code in Label to identify box to pallet.
- When a pallet is full, position Pallet Full sign under top layer of boxes so Stores are aware of which pallet needs transferring to Stores.
- Return trolley to correct location.
- Scanning and palletising of FGs and WIP in the Bat Cage area and movement of full pallets to the pallet wrapper and on to the transit area using both hand and or powered lifting devices
- Removal of scrap parts and sprues and runners to the Recycling Area during the shift to prevent any build up on the shop floor and the feeding of these into the grinder.
- Assist in Line Clearance and sign paperwork as required.
- Hold a Hand Over meeting at the end of shift to the next shift's Material Handler.
- Work with other shift Material Handlers in the performance of all tasks, working as a team to meet shift targets
- Break cover.
- Participate in and actively promote the company's CIP by being proactive in suggesting improvements in productivity and efficiency, and looking for ways to continually improve the way we work and to reduce waste.
- Good Housekeeping (5S) - To ensure mould machines, factory and surrounding areas and Mezzanine store are clean and tidy. Ensure materials are handled, transferred and stored on the Mezzanine and shop floor in a clean, safe and tidy fashion.
- Any other reasonable request from a senior member of staff.
Hours of work
Monday - Friday 1:45 pm - 10 pm
£20200 / per year
If you are interested please call the office on######### or apply with your CV
Posted 9 days ago