Corporate Tax Manager
£35k - 50k per year
Are you ready to take your tax career to the next level? My client has one of the largest and most successful tax teams in the region, so this could be just the opportunity that you have been waiting for...
Working with a collaborative and dynamic team, your duties as a Manager will include:
- Responsibility for a number of client relationships, supporting them on a variety of compliance and advisory matters. You will be their principal point of contact, working closely with them to understand business developments.
- Ensuring your clients are up to date with their compliance obligations and legislative changes, helping them assess the impact for them and keeping abreast of opportunities.
- Responsibility for negotiating fees and the timely billing of fees for work completed on your client portfolio.
- Reviewing tax returns and computations and ensuring the efficient and risk managed delivery of corporation tax compliance services.
- Provisioning of tax disclosures and/or tax audit of disclosures liaising closely with the audit team
- Responsibility for the delivery of the corporation tax content of projects and managing input from other tax colleagues (typically Transfer Pricing, VAT and employment taxes), assessing that input and ensuring inter dependencies across taxes are considered.
- Responsibility for complying with all internal risk management procedures.
- Analysing and interpreting data, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately.
- Writing high quality, professional tax reports, ready for review by the tax partner/director
- Leading, managing, motivating and coaching other members of the team, working with a great team of like-minded colleagues all focused on supporting each other to perform at their best.
And the attributes that you should be able to demonstrate will include:
- Professionally qualified or part qualified (ATT, CTA, ACCA or ACA)
- Technically strong, with experience of advising clients on complex tax-related issues
- A proven track record of leading engagements and an awareness of how to open up new business opportunities
- Coaching skills to develop teams and add true value within the department
- A keen eye and detail
- Excellent time management & multitasking abilities
- Excellent communication skills
In exchange my client offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation at an exciting time in its' development, with unparalleled opportunities for career and personal development.
If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, then I want to hear from you. Please apply addressed to Rob Emsley and quoting job reference RE6140.
Trial Balance is a market leading supplier of recruitment services to accountancy practices across the South-West and works on vacancies at all levels in a practice environment. For a confidential discussion about your career options please contact Rob Emsley, our dedicated practice specialist.
Posted 37 days ago