Continuous Improvement Specialist
Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and one of the core pillars of our strategic vision is continuous improvement, ensuring we work smarter in all we do and that everything is done for a reason.
To this end, we're current hiring for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join us on an interim basis. This is a leadership job where you'll be apply your Continuous Improvement skills and knowledge to lead, manage and mentor teams in developing and managing continuous improvement action plans by identifying and removing non-value added activities from business processes.
Please note this job will involve regular travel to our UK International Study Centres. To this end, it would be beneficial (though not essential) if you are based relatively near to one of our larger centres (Sussex, Surrey, Lancaster, Sheffield, or Durham.)
In this job you'll:
- Work across all functions, gain understanding of integration opportunities across the business
- Develop and implement Continuous Improvement processes, based on individual analysis of specific needs
- Measure and document progress towards meeting objectives related to lean processes and programs
- Provide project management for the Continuous Improvement activities
- Provide technical guidance and training or (where required) directly investigate, implement and report on business issues
Skills and qualifications required:
For this job you'll need:
- The ability to listen to, and actively solicit, the opinions of others, to accept developmental feedback openly and non-defensively, and provide feedback to others in a respectful, direct manner
- The ability to effectively manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously by planning and scheduling work and activities to routinely meet planned schedules
- The ability to work effectively with all departments to accomplish objectives with positive outcomes for all involved, supporting the designing, development and implementation of new business processes
- The ability to provide clear, well justified presentations of the CI projects to senior management
- Tertiary Qualifications, preferably in any one of the following disciplines (but not exclusively as others will be considered); Engineering, Financial, IT services
- Experience in leading/ project managing individuals & teams and possess a “hands on” approach
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Understanding of lean techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, process mapping, workflow analysis and PDCA
- Six sigma Green Belt qualification (desirable)
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Posted 25 days ago