Buying Department Administrator - 12 month contract
Glan Y Don, Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay LL29 8AW, United Kingdom
Think of Iceland and you think of frozen food… And rightly so – it’s been the driving force behind our brand for 49 years. But did you know that we’re also the most innovative food retailer in the UK operating across chilled and ambient categories too, and the winner of multiple awards for our products, service and the way we treat our employees?
The aim of the Buying Department Administrator role is to provide a high level of secretarial/ administrative support in a timely and accurate manner to the Buying Department Director’s Senior Team (Trading Directors, Category Managers, Head of Commercial Finance, Executive PA to Joint Manging Director) and to the Buying Department.
- Diary Management for Trading Directors e.g. supplier meetings on and off site. Proactively review their diaries on a daily basis, resolving any diary clashes if needed and ensuring they have got meeting rooms booked for all of their meetings.
- Provide refreshments to the Trading Directors each morning and when required/ requested (tea/ coffee/ water).
- Process expense claims for Trading Directors
- Complete Fuel Forms for Trading Directors
- Attend Trading Directors team meetings and take minutes.
- Provide Trading Directors with information prior to meetings e.g. minutes / Supplier Briefs.
- Facilitate Trading Directors Team Away Days.
- Collect visitors from reception & provide refreshments for Trading Directors supplier meetings.
- Update Visitor List for TD’s.
- To take and deal with telephone queries and requests on behalf of the Trading Directors, delegating and re-directing to the relevant individuals and where appropriate, dealing with all customers effectively and efficiently.
- Book Meeting Rooms for the Buying team.
- Provide support and holiday cover for the Exec P.A. when requested.
- Ensure all Travel Approval Processes are adhered to.
- Booking accommodation for TD’s & the Buying team and ensure that costs are within budget.
- Booking flights & trains for TD’S & the Buying team and ensure all foreign travel is recorded on the insurance list.
- Completion of Visa’s for foreign travel when required.
- Raise Purchase Orders, adding comments to the text box and run reports to ensure accuracy with invoices.
- Update Continuity Programme.
- Manage comprehensive New Starter process/Leaver process.
- Ensure all new starters receive a copy of the GSCOP Code and Policy within one week of joining Iceland and receive GSCOP training within the first month.
- Update Email Groups, Structure, Contact List and Who Buys What & upload to intranet.
- Co-ordinate the collection of presentation slides for Our Business/ Talking Shop Meetings.
- To maintain stationery supplies and process orders as required, within budgetary requirements.
- Carry out duties as a Fire Marshall when required.
- Organise Flower deliveries when required.
- Sort post daily.
- Able to communicate to all levels.
- Experience of working within a busy office environment.
- Good attention to detail, ability to prioritise workload.
- Proactive approach in dealing with problems and queries.
- Friendly disposition.
- 2 years administration experience.
- Ideally hold an admin/secretarial qualification.
- Holds a full, clean driving licence.
Here at Iceland we offer a very competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, we provide 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday, free parking on site, 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount, a highly subsidised restaurant on site along with a subsidised costa.
If this sounds like you and you want to come and join the Iceland team then please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you!
Posted 12 days ago