Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
Stockton on tees
£24214 to £30112 per annum
Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner HMP Holme House, Stockton-on-Tees
About the Organisation
Our client is a national charity that helps those affected by mental illness. They aim to challenge attitudes and change lives. Currently, they directly support almost 60,000 people every year across England, helping them through crises, to live independently and to realise they are not alone.
They have been appointed by Tees, Esk and Wear Valley NHS Foundation Trust to deliver Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP) interventions across seven prisons in the North East. This includes a range of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) based self-management interventions for clients with mild to moderate anxiety and depression.
Our client is now looking for a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner to support the delivery of this initiative in HMP Holme House.
- Salary of £24,214 - £30,112 per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Excellent development prospects
- Paid eye tests (where appropriate) plus up to £55 towards new glasses or lenses
- The opportunity to make a real difference with a pioneering charity
- 33 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays
If you have experience of working with individuals with a mental health problem, this is an incredible opportunity to provide vital support to people during what is often the lowest point in their lives.
As an Investors in People Gold accredited organisation, our client provides the ideal environment in which to build a rewarding career. They will support you to build on your existing expertise and realise your full potential while you are helping others to achieve theirs.
They are committed to providing competitive salaries but understand that many people are motivated by non-financial benefits. As such, they offer flexible working opportunities for all staff and ensure that there is flexibility when people need time off for exams, domestic emergencies and medical appointments.
So, if you want to make a difference as part of an inspiring organisation that is empowering and supporting those affected by mental illness, our client wants to hear from you.
As a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, you’ll deliver high-volume, low intensity interventions to prisoners with mild to moderate anxiety and depression.
Working as part of an integrated primary care mental health team, you’ll provide guided self-help in both 1:1 and group formats in-line with current Step 2 IAPT guidelines.
Specifically, you will:
- Screen and assess individuals who may need support
- Draw from CBT theories to deliver psycho-educational interventions and guided self-help
- Identify and develop prisoners to become trained peer mentors, who will then facilitate group sessions and raise awareness of our client’s support offering
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to individuals
- Accurately record clinical data
To be considered as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, you will need:
- To have successfully completed an academic course of study in line with the IAPT Low Intensity National Programme and qualified as a PWP, e.g. Post Grad Diploma in Psychological Therapies
- Post-qualification experience in offering and delivering the full range of evidence-based IAPT low intensity interventions at Step 2
- Experience of working within a stepped care service with people who have experienced a mental health problem, delivering and demonstrating recovery outcomes
- Knowledge of assessment procedures, screening, referral, record-keeping and evidence-based brief psychological interventions
Other organisations may call this role PWP, Wellbeing Practitioner, Mental Health Support Worker, Mental Health Care Worker, Care Worker, Psychological Wellbeing Advisor, or Psychological Wellbeing Support Worker.
The closing date for applications is the 29th August 2019.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Posted 44 days ago