IT Business Analyst
£35000 - £40000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for an IT Business Analyst to join our clients successful company in Glasgow.
Focusing predominantly on software projects (familiar with Agile methodologies i.e Scrum, Kanban, would be an advantage) you will use your skills and experience, to work with internal and external stakeholders to understand the nature of business requirements, and to communicate that understanding in the form of clearly specified functional and nonfunctional requirements capable of supporting estimation and development by the Agile software development team.
- Work under the guidance of the Senior Business Analyst to represent and ensure that the impact of organisational change is defined and managed successfully and help support the IT function to the wider business
Works with internal and external stakeholders to understand business requirements, analysing business processes, regulations and standards, studying system capabilities, and determining project scope
- Assesses business requirements against business goals and objectives, analysing the effect of the requirements on IT systems, and managing stakeholder expectations appropriately
- Produces timely specifications of functional and nonfunctional requirements, and associated acceptance criteria, capable of supporting estimation and development by the agile software development team
Supports the Agile software development team by representing the stakeholders, prioritising and clarifying requirements
- Support testing and validation solutions will meet requirements
- Capability to specify and support both Business and Technical change
- Process Mapping and remodelling (using a recognised methodology such as BPMN 2.0)
- Experience of using Customer Experience and Journey Mapping tools to empower the best outcomes for Customers
- Support the identification of technical requirements
Skills and Experience
- Strong analytical as well as verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must be experienced in supporting senior stakeholders write business cases.
- Commercial awareness and awareness of key issues/risks in software projects.
- Enjoys problem solving with a strong attention to detail.
Core Business Analysis Skills
- Agile waterfall / Scrum methodology
- Excellent experience working with technical software projects and departments
- Knowledge of modelling techniques as a tool for application design and development
- Ability to understand, and clearly relate to other members of the organisation the business value of application development disciplines such as System Development Life Cycle, version control, and software releases
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly successful organisation who is going through an ambitious change agenda and setting up a new transformation. For full details on this position and to apply please send your CV.
Posted 20 days ago