Welfare Data and Compliance Analyst
Weymouth, Dorset, England
Permanent (Full time)
Welfare Data and Compliance Analyst
FLEXIBLE GLOBAL LOCATION
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
We are looking for a dedicated and proactive Welfare Data andCompliance Analyst to join our SEA LIFEConservation, Welfare and Engagement (CWE) team. We are offering this role with flexible (global) location.
Reporting into the Head of SEA LIFE Protect, you will be responsible for reviewing the animal welfare data input acrossvarious systems in use by CWE/SEA LIFE to collate and assess informationpertaining to animal welfare across the Merlin estate. You will review any potential need fordevelopmental changes either related to legislative requirement or userexperience and highlight accordingly.
You will be the gatekeeper forthe review of site compliance with all Policies and Standards and report anyissues to help ensure that these are utilised to meet and exceed the internaland external requirements of reporting, compliance and animal welfare acrossMerlin Entertainments. Key objectivesinclude:
- Continually review the use and monitor the data input across various platforms, ensuring trends are flagged to be reviewed and subsequently rectified by the Head of SL Protect/Regional curator.
- Champion the internal customer and flag any potential issue or changes that could be made to streamline and improve productivity across the database and information systems.
- Monitor record keeping accuracy to assist in improving data collection and trend analysis to improve the welfare of the animals held across the group.
- To help improve the welfare of the animals held across the group by reviewing the information collected in the Animal
- Health Enquiry system identifying and flagging the need for investigation and assisting in effective resolution with the SEA LIFE teams, company veterinary surgeons and the SEA LIFE Protect team.
We arelooking for the following skills and experience…
- You will have gained extensive experience as a Data Analyst with a desire to deliver continuous improvement in reporting.
- You must be proficient in MS Excel at least to intermediate level.
- You should have experience in using statistical packages.
- You must be flexible to travel both domestically and internationally when required (once restrictions are lifted).
- Last but not least, you will have a genuine interest in animal welfare and conservation.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun andfriendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – idealif you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic canhelp here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionarycompany bonus, 25 days’ holiday and, ofcourse, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family freeadmission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in ourretail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
EveryoneMatters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcomethe world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want toreflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive tocreate an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, havethe same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyonematters!
Together, we work tocreate a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race,gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'llalways be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexibleemployer in our industry.