Worley are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team based in Aberdeen on a permanent staff basis.
Following a recent acquisition, you will take ownership of certain control processes, assuring the flow of data and cash between entities during a transitional period of change with ongoing contract novations creating constant change in the legal and commercial landscape.
Responsibilities and duties
Working for the Financial Analyst, and as apart of the wider team, you will quickly set up and stabilize processes, ensuring that control over cash and debtors ledgers in all affected entities is maintained by:
- Following a recent acquisition and subsequent restructuring of workload, accounting for a major Worley UK entity is moving to Aberdeen
- You will provide direct support to the Financial Analyst with responsibility for all aspects of accounting for this entity
- This will include all month-end and year-end routines, balance sheet reconciliations and reporting, controls assessment and compliance, as well as legislative returns such as statutory accounts
- As the entity is new to Aberdeen team, all processes will require assessment and alignment to existing Aberdeen processes
- Additional support is provided by others in the team and from our shared services centre in Kuala Lumpur on Treasury, VAT, Tax, AP and payroll matters
- Additional ad hoc duties to support wider team as assigned
- Ideally a Qualified Accountant but not necessary
- Proven ability to assess processes and introduce efficiencies
- Strong demonstrable basic accounting capability
- ERP experience - ideally, Oracle
Posted 19 days ago