Employment Development Coordinator
£26,683 per year + 25 days (pro-rata) annual leave & entitlement for any bank holidays a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan
Permanent (Full time)
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of The Salvation Army Strawberry Field. The role will require you to provide support for people with Learning Disabilities enabling them to develop the skills and knowledge to overcome barriers to entering and sustaining employment.
- Manage a case load of trainees
- Supporting trainees within work placements to develop sustained employment
- Develop good working relationships with work placement providers
- Assisting with preparing and adapting an Individual Development plan with each trainee
- Support the trainee(s) in their development of personal/life skills to overcome barriers to employment within education, work placements and wider community
- Provide group and one to one support required by the trainee(s)
- To support trainees to meetings/appointments/interviews as needed
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- GCSE Maths and English (grade C or above)
- Experience of working with people facing multiple barriers in their life
- Understanding of the requirements applying to working with vulnerable adults
- Knowledge of barriers preventing people entering and sustaining employment
- Ability to network and build business relationships
- Good Computer Skills and ability to input data and maintain a database
- Ability to empathise with and motivate others
The successful candidate will need to hold a full driving license and have access to a vehicle. We welcome applicants from a range of people in order to promote diversity within our workforce.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...