SEN Teaching Assistant Darlington
Darlington, County Durham, England
£61.46 - 70.00 per day
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for Bank Special Needs Classroom Assistants within Darlington and the surrounding areas.
Here at Vision for Education we offer the best rates of pay in the area to ensure we place the right people in the right schools.
It is this philosophy that is helping us to rapidly build and maintain relationships between ourselves, our staff, and the schools we work with. We are looking for people who can react and adapt quickly to challenging behaviours and situations in a professional manner. As well as units for behaviour issues, we also work in schools for children with varying degrees of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD).Experience is preferred but not essential as our main focus is to find the type of person that can be a positive influence and calming presence in what is sometimes a difficult environment.
- Your duties would depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but would usually involve:
- Helping with schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
- Preparing learning materials
- Encouraging children to be confident and independent
- Helping children understand instructions carrying out a child's care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- Encouraging children to communicate
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Supporting children during social activities and outings
- Helping children during therapy sessions
- Recognising when children are upset and comforting them looking after children's physical needs.
At Vision for Education we take our responsibilities to you seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of Vision for Education's Supply Team you will benefit from:
Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
£50 reward every time you recommend a colleague.
Support throughout your placements
Access to a dedicated SEND consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Access to free CPD such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling qualifications
Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
£50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Posted 41 days ago