Technical Manager - Manchester | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Basic Salary : £30,000 - £35,000 (pro rata)
Contract (Full time)
A Technical Manager required to add technical support and play a hands-on role for a SME manufacturer of technical Insulation and temperature-controlled products.
BASIC SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 (pro rata)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Wigan, Bury, Leigh, Chorley or Preston.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Manager / Technical Service Manager - manufacturer : insulation
This is a 3 Month FTC to support the current Technical Manager on a variety of tasks and work independently during a period of change.
We are a leading branded manufacturer in the specialist insulation materials sector. We have recently launched a range of new products for cool chain cargo, and transportation products for the Pharmaceutical and perishable sectors globally.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Technical Manager or Technical Services Manager with a chemistry background looking for 3-month contract. This role could suit a retired Technical Manager looking to step back into a role short term, or someone between jobs looking for an interim position.
Duties & Responsibilities: Technical Manager / Technical Service Manager - manufacturer : insulation
You will be assisting the current Technical Manager on his day-to-day activities for a range of duties including:
· Accountable for Product Development, Compliance, Labelling and Packaging Compliance
· Accountability to ensure all technical aspects of our technical product development are completed, for example: product safety assessments, stability, performance testing, regulatory compliance and legal checks etc
· Accountable for technical aspects of raw materials, research, materials, claims, compliance to relevant regulations, including packaging and labelling
· Work closely with the wider internal product and commercial teams to ensure all technical requirements are applied during the NPD process
· Review of production paperwork to release production batches for delivery.
· Maintain professional credibility by being up to date on relevant testing and regulations, including product safety trends
· Monitor and review all REACH requirements and CLP Compliance
Knowledge & Experience: Technical Manager / Technical Service Manager - manufacturer : insulation
· Experience in all aspects of a technical department servicing a manufacturing facility.
· Ideally, a chemistry degree with experience of at least three years in product development within materials, fabrics or chemical coatings.
· Ability to take over the hot-line, where necessary, offer assistance to building professionals concerning our products.
· Good working knowledge of compliance work documentation as REACH
This Technical Manager position based in Bolton, will suit candidates with a chemistry and materials background and looking for a 3 month fixed term contract.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
REF: IL16266, Wallace Hind Selection