About us MB Aerospace is an international group providing complex engineering solutions to some of the key names in the Aerospace and Defense market. Operating from sites close to our key customers in North America, Asia and Europe, the MB Aerospace group provides advanced technological solutions to the Aerospace and Defense industry, leveraging an in-depth knowledge of fabrications, machining and the global supply chain to support complex aero-engine component manufacture and repair.
Job Purpose To support production operations in ensuring all quality, regulatory and customer requirements are understood and met. Support production in problem resolution and continuous improvement activities across all departments; provide quality support on new product introduction and improvements to existing processes and procedures. Work with production in the submission of FAIR’s for product/process change and new product introduction.
Context Quality Engineers are experienced in ensuring products and processes meet customer needs and specifications; comply with external and internal quality control and approval requirements and are effectively integrated into manufacturing processes and procedures to maximise use of resources and materials in the most cost-effective way possible. They are required to work with Production in resolving quality issues in order to minimise non-conformance and associated costs as well as meeting customer, regulatory and certification requirements.
- Work alongside customers to fully understand their quality standards and approval procedures. Support the development of cost effective and improved manufacturing processes that meet these.
- Facilitate Operations Teams in practical problem-solving techniques utilising a PDCA approach through skills such as PFMEA, Pareto, Cause & Effect, 8D, 5-why, gauge R&R, SPC and control charts. Ensure SOP’s, control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
- Support trials and testing of technical engineered solutions (new process or process development) in order that they can be released to manufacturing in a robust and cost-effective manner, meeting customer needs and specifications, complying with external and internal quality control and approval requirements.
- Produce monthly reports in relation to quality issues and activities for the value stream including the identified corrective actions in relation to any non-conformances raised.
- Undertake appropriate training as required to support the quality function within the business.
- Keep up to date with the latest technology, manufacturing processes and quality procedures and maximise their use for the benefit of the business. Produce reports including cost benefit analysis and recommendations on how they can be utilised for the benefit of the business
- Support the audit program in helping to facilitate external audits and resolve non-conformances. Overcheck non-conformances raised as a result of the internal audit process to ensure root cause analysis and identified corrective actions are satisfactory.
Knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written including report writing to internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands whilst meeting operational deadline requirements.
- Minimum HNC level qualification or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline
- Experienced in use of relevant software in order to fulfil requirements of the role e.g. CAD, CAM, SPC and other programs
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- High level computer skills
- Proven ability in latest problem solving techniques
MB Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MB Aerospace is a subcontractor to the United States Government and provides defense services involving technical data and products governed by the Arms Export Control Act and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 22 C.F.R. parts 120 - 130 and the Export Administration Act and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 C.F.R. parts 730 774 (“Export Laws”). All candidates are subject to review and governance under such Export Laws and any offer of employment may be subject to additional considerations and/or conditions.
Posted 21 days ago