Health and Social Care Assessor Adult
Permanent (Full time)
Health and Social Care Assessor Adult
Hours: hours per week with flexibility to meet business requirements
Salary:up to £27,000 dependant on experience, and qualifications.
Closing Date: 26th November 2021.
About us:Connective Care Education is a unique and dynamic national training provider. We are a well-established provider in Wales, due to our expansion we are now looking to deliver Adult care worker apprenticeships in England. Owned and run by fully qualified and passionate health care training professionals, we strive to deliver industry-leading qualifications by utilising a range of learner-led, holistic teaching methods that nurture and develop all aspects of an individual's skillset.
Our goal is to provide our trainees with the knowledge and skills needed to make real, positive changes to their experiences at work and, in turn, enhance the daily experiences of their service users. Our learners and employers are important to us, we want dedicated people who are passionate about the health and social sector. This is a great opportunity for someone who want to jump on board at such an exciting time.
The role:To deliver Adult Care Worker Apprenticeships level 2 and 3. To teach and assess skills and practical training to meet the awarding body and institute of apprenticeship's requirements within a variety of health and social care environments. To enable candidates to successfully achieve their qualification and End Point Assessment.
- To act as advocate in resolving problems between learners and employers as appropriate and keep employers updated on learner progress.
- Develop sound working relationships with learners and employers.
- To carry out regular learner reviews as required and update learner files to reflect achievements, including the updating of tracking sheets. Through the review process, set and monitor training targets that effectively link on and off the job training.
- To maintain occupational competence regularly update CPD records.
- To carry out assessments of candidates in the workplace in accordance with Awarding Body requirements.
- To ensure the quality of the assessment process by working with Internal Quality Assurers and attending regular standardisation meetings.
- To keep accurate records of learner progress and achievement, which are regularly shared with the relevant employer.
- To keep accurate records of learner attendance which are regularly shared with the relevant employer.
- To carry out reviews of candidate's progress and achievement within an agreed timescale which are regularly shared with the relevant employer.
- To attend internal team and other meetings as required.
- To deliver Functional skills
- To participate in the course review and evaluation process.
- To support learners through an e-portfolio system.
- To undertake supervision in practice as required while being COVID safe.
- To pass a DBS check and support learners safely while meeting safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
- To ensure equality of opportunity is always promoted.
- Work towards our organisation KPI's.
Experience:**-**Occupationally competent within health and social care and hold a recognised qualifications in your specialism.
*Qualified to level 5 care/management would be an advantage.
*CAVA Level 3 qualified or equivalent with at least 2 years' experience
- Ability to teach and assess level 2 and 3.
- Up to date knowledge within your occupational specialism.
- Update knowledge of the Apprenticeship Standards and End Point Assessment.
- Good ICT skills.
- Good understanding of awarding body requirements.
- Excellent organisational and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including active listening skills; able to communicate with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- Excellent at building strong working relationships with other organisations.
- Team worker.
- Holistic approach.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise workload.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Good understanding of safeguarding and prevent.
- Positive, sensitive, and compassionate.
- Commitment to implementing the values of equal opportunities and diversity.
- Happy to have a DBS undertaken.
- Driver with use of a car.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Resilient, flexible, adaptable.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload and to work independently.
- Willingness to learn and attend relevant training programmes DHCT deem necessary for your role.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- PTELs qualified or equivalent
- Understanding of functional skills
- A good understanding of ofsted & SFA requirements
What's in it for you:
- Career progression opportunities with additional training support to meet your personal development requirements.
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme.
- 28 days annual leave, plus 1 extra day for your birthday.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free Tea/Coffee.
- Regular social events.
- Wellness programme.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we believe there is strength in our diversity, in the services we offer, the people we support and the staff we employ.
Acumen Care Services is committed to safeguarding Children and Adults at risk. All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role.