Site Operatives - Nights
Preston, Lancashire, England
Site Operatives - Nights
An exciting position has become available for a full-time Site Operatives - Nights based in Preston. The successful candidate will earn £ an hour with overtime available and an extra 2p per hour after 10pm.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday, two shifts between 15:30 - 01:00 or 17:00 - 02:30
Taking on the role of Site Operative means you will be responsible for the recycling of end-of-life vehicles by following a strictly compliant recycle process using our high-end depollution equipment. No previous experience required, just a can-do attitude and a strong work ethic! If you have an interest in cars/mechanics - even better!
Our business is developing and changing and we are looking for people to join us as we embark on the next exciting stage of our journey. We are as ambitious as you are and will support, develop and progress those looking for a great opportunity!
- Enjoy working in a busy team and able to work effectively on your own.
- Enjoy working outdoors.
- Enjoy working towards achievable targets.
- Undertaking the depollution of End-of-Life Vehicles (ELVs) - removing and storing parts safely (full training provided).
- Removing of catalytic convertors from vehicles.
- Hitting targets to achieve weekly bonuses.
- Working closely with others, ensuring good communication and following instructions.
- Liaising with other teams.
- Operating plant and equipment.
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Maintaining all plant and equipment as well as reporting any faults or defects immediately.
Recycling Lives is a unique organisation creating life-changing opportunities. We are a national recycling and waste management business, operating sites nationwide to offer services to recycle scrap metal, scrap cars, plastics, general waste and much more. We're industry leaders, recognised as Recycling Business of the Year 2018 and developing ground-breaking Energy from Waste technologies. We're also one of the country's largest scrap car recyclers, processing up to 10,000 every month across our sites.
We are a Queen's Award-winning commercial recycler with over forty years' experience in the recycling and waste management industry. Our commercial services help to support our social welfare charity, which helps vulnerable people to work their way back to independent living.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company
- To join a fantastic team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
Please note all roles are subject to pre and post-employment drug testing.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Site Operative, Site Work, Catalytic Convertors, Recycling, Recycling Industry, Depollution Equipment, Site, Operative, Nights