200.0000 - 250.0000
Contract (Full time)
Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Edinburgh, is currently looking to recruit a Communications Officer for an initial 6 month contract - with the potential to extend - on a rate of £200-£250/day (inside of IR35). This is a hybrid role split between working from home and being based on campus in Edinburgh
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the communications and engagement strategy for rollout of the organisation's new Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) upgrade project
- Manage the production of communications tools for key project milestones and other stakeholder events. They will identify and produce news stories and content for a range of digital publications to support project activities and engender wider support.
- The role will include making presentations to audiences of staff, one to one meetings with senior colleagues and coordinating organisation engagement communications, which support the ongoing focus on training and support needs to continue to ensure a usable and consistent student and staff experience.
- Develop, implement, manage and evaluate a mix of integrated communications activities in close consultation with the project team and colleagues across the organisation to maximise visibility of project and pilot activities.
- Adept at assimilating complex technical information and effectively communicating key messages to a range of audiences.
- A portfolio of excellent written communication in a range of media.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders from different backgrounds.
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative and lead activities at a period of rapid change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well as a team and build successful working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to generate ideas and solutions to communication issues.
- Confidence in working with multiple and changing priorities in a flexible way.
- Good working knowledge of Office 365 and SharePoint or web-editing software.
- Experience of using social media . Twitter, blogs etc.
- Familiarity with using hybrid meetings software such as Zoom, Teams etc.
- Sensitivity to the range of diverse home and office working contexts which shape people's experiences and attitudes to hybrid working.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch.