Press Brake Setter Operator - Nights
Swadlincote, Derbyshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Overview for this Press Brake Setter / Operators role:
We are recruiting for an experienced press brake operator/setter position, whereby the operator needs to be comfortable setting the press brake, performing daily safety checks, understanding of the machine for operational and safety aspect is a must. Current presses operating 3x 3 Meter and 1x 4 Meter press.
The operator must be able to read technical drawings to produce the companies bespoke products. Whilst technical drawings are provided you will be expected to use your technical experience to ensure when setting your programme any issues you may come across will be dealt with and raised accordingly. Power press trained preferred but not essential. General understanding of fabrication is required.
Responsibilities and duties for this Press Brake Setter / Operators role:
* Always follow all Health & Safety rules in the workplace, without fail. This means behaving in accordance with the company Health & Safety guidelines.
* Ensure your press is in good working order before and after working shift.
* Ensure all work activities are geared towards achieving collective Operational KPI`s.
* Ensure adherence to ISO: 9001, taking responsibility that quality checks are being done and that record-keeping within Prodsmart is maintained.
* Support a 5S approach, ensuring your area is tidy and organised including a daily audit of your working area at the start / end of the shift.
* To have basic knowledge and experience of working with the grades of steel used in Company fabrications (predominately Grade 304 with some DX51D & Grade 316).
* Report any machine issues to Management as and when they arise.
Experience required for this Press Brake Setter / Operators role:
* CNC Pressbrake Operation
* CNC Pressbrake Setting
* Good understanding of technical drawings
* Basic understanding of general fabrication
* Committed to high quality output and excellent customer service
Personal Attributes for this Pres Brake Setter / Operators role:
* Good communication skills
* Flexible can-do attitude.
* Ability to adapt to new technology and work to timetables and deadlines
Hours and salary for this Press Brake Setter / Operators role:
* Sunday to Thursday – 10pm to 6am
* Hourly Rate – £ per hour
* Overtime during the week at x
* Overtime during the weekend at x
The following areas are easily commutable for this role as a Press Brake Setter / Operators – Derby, Burton, Tamworth, Nottingham and Mansfield
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Manufacturing, Production & Quality Recruitment Support since 1994