London, Greater London, England
£28000 - £32000/annum circa £28K plus benefits
Unspecified (Full time)
Title: Maintenance Site Officer
Salary: £ 28k plus pro rata benefits
Contract Type: 6 months fixed term – (Option for Permanent)
The Maintenance Officer Role:
A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Maintenance Site Officer to join one of the UK leading medical foundations based in central London. This role will be to report into …working closely with the Property Team and ensure the site properties for the medical profession are maintained to a high quality by monitoring and reporting issues across the site and taking the necessary actions to rectify where appropriate. The site includes properties at Kings Road, Fulham Road, Onslow Gardens and Neville Street. This role is a site based role therefore easy access to central London is essential.
The ideal candidate for our Maintenance Officer role will have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience working within property maintenance, have easy access to central London, coupled with some office administration experience in order to maintain office processes and procedures. You will be able to build and maintain strong working relationships and have a hands practical approach to basic maintenance within property management.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities of our Maintenance Officer:
Delivery of maintenance
* To be on site daily between . and . Monday to Friday
* To inspect the buildings, including heating, lighting and alarm systems to make sure they are in good working order
* To perform basic repairs and maintenance tasks as required
* To inform relevant person of any issues where contractors need to attend
* To develop relationships with all key stakeholders (tenants, contractors, supplier’s cleaner’s staff etc.
* To arrange access and accompany stakeholders where necessary to ensure security
* To take any initial action where needed, . turn off mains water supply, contact water board, check alarms, gain access, check power supply
* To carry out weekly fire alarm testing across site
* To unblock drains and toilets if required
* To move furniture or equipment as required
* To identify and advise on necessary works throughout the site to ensure appropriate action is taken
* To receive and distribute supplies to various locations within the site between Kings Road and Fulham Road area
* To repair / repaint when required and when feasible
* To attend any issues with washing machines/dishwashers etc. and advise if replacement needed
* To notify Director of Property and Estates / Head of Property of any concerns about ongoing works or works required
* To be responsible for issuing and receiving keys to contractors
* To handle telephone calls, email from agents / regarding access
* To have a basic understanding of Office Administration
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft word/Outlook
* 3+ years’ experience working within property maintenance
* Basic administration experience essential
* Be responsible, honest and reliable.
* Be practical, a problem solver who enjoys a challenge
* Stay calm in an emergency, . if there is a break-in or a fire.
* Have good verbal communication skills.
* Understand safe working practices and health and safety legislation.
* Have some understanding of building construction and design.
* Be well organised and able to prioritise their own work.
* Be happy to work on their own and comfortable to request more specialised help when needed.
* Be comfortable to sometimes spend a lot of their time walking, bending, lifting and often climbing stairs