Qualified Social Worker - Adult Services Mental Health Team
Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
23.0000 - 35.0000
Temporary (Full time)
Do you support Adult Social Work Services ?
Do you work with service users and carers and seek to enhance their problem solving capabilities in a way that support maximum independence and choice ?
We are proud to be the first tier supplier into Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council, we will provide you with unique opportunities first and keep you informed of all QSW assignments.
To manage the process by which:
* the needs of individuals and their carers are assessed holistically, packages of care negotiated, monitored and reviewed
* risks to individuals and others are assessed and balanced in a way that promotes empowerment, self determination, independence and choice for service users and their carers
* decisions about allocating scarce resources are made, the local authority manages its services within the financial resources which have been secured to deliver social care services and all staff need to have due regard to this
* social inclusion of isolated and vulnerable people is promoted
* collaboration with other agencies is strengthened
* the local council accounts for its actions through effective, accurate recording of decisions
- Accessing Personal Social Services
- Engaging in a structured conversation with those making initial enquiry of the service and evaluating any information given
- Giving information, advice/and or sign- posting to other services
- Apply service access criteria to make a judgement on whether a referral is appropriate
- Assessing urgency of response required to a referral
- Assessing initial level of priority of a referral
- Making initial enquiries, . other agencies, contacts
- Accurately and fully recording referral information in accordance with departmental procedures
- Ensuring the timely transfer of referral information in accordance with departmental procedures and time scales
- Safeguarding the welfare of a vulnerable person at immediate risk of harm
- Assessment of Need
- Evaluating the nature of possible needs based on referral information and any previous records
- Making enquiries, . inter-agency contact
- To identify the risk of abuse, failure to protect, harm to self or others and assess the need for intervention in such situations. To act as a Best Interest Assessor under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and to undertake training to enable you to do so Safeguarding the welfare of a vulnerable person at risk of harm
- Making arrangements for an appointment and/or visit for assessment
- Engaging in direct work with service user and carer/s to carry out initial assessment
- Engaging in direct work with service user and carer/s to carry out core/ comprehensive assessment
- Some understanding / speaking of the Welsh language is desirable
- Dedicated consultant - one point of contact
- Accredited training / keep up to date - manual handling, health and safety at work, conflict management, safeguarding vulnerable adults/children
- Weekly payroll
- Competitive pay rates
- Full time and part time shifts available
- Working with a top local authority
- Weekly mailers keeping you up to date with posts within your locality
- Receive up to £300 for referring a friend or colleague (T&Cs apply)
Do you have some more questions regarding this or any other role?
If you are interested in discussing the position further, please contact Ian Davies on for a confidential discussion.
Are you thinking about a change in your career? Whether you are in a permanent position, an existing Temporary role or you are moving back to the job market and are exploring your options, we have opportunities that are exciting, well paid and flexible.
I have over 20 years experience in recruiting. If this particular role does not sound quite right for you, we have a wide selection of roles across the country that may not be advertised. We are also able to source a particular role to suit your requirements, so whether you work with children or adults in any particular speciality, please get in touch to see how we can support you!
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.