Fixed Income Product Associate
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
The UK Fixed Income Products team is responsible for a diverse range of products, covering mainly primary but also some secondary markets in bonds. The team covers a variety of activities to support growth across these markets including sales & marketing, research & development and product management. A key focus is managing and developing our customer relationships with issuers, advisors, market makers and brokers.
The Fixed Income Salesperson will be responsible for attracting and supporting debt issuance on the London Stock Exchange from the UK, European and Russia & CIS regions. The candidate will be expected to be committed to building on the LSE’s strong franchise in supporting international capital raising, and responsible for key target product specialisms such as green bonds and the International Securities Market.
The candidate should have first hand experience in a sales role and demonstrable technical knowledge of Debt Capital Markets products and be used to supporting customers in a fast paced and highly regulated environment. The Fixed Income Salesperson will be based in the London Stock Exchange Group headquarters in London. The role will report to a Product Specialist in the Fixed Income team.
- Develop good relationships to drive customer activity and sales, proactively promoting client engagement and collaborating with other Exchange teams and stakeholders to support new business opportunities from the UK, European and Russian & CIS regions.
- Develop a strategic understanding of clients’ businesses and their requirements, working with the Fixed Income team to drive the marketing campaign for new products and key initiatives.
- Monitor competitor landscape to identify and inform our business initiatives and understanding of customer behaviour.
- Support successful implementation of service enhancements, and take responsibility for the active marketing campaigns for such products.
- Liaise with other Exchange departments, including regulation, technical support and operations teams to find appropriate solutions to customer queries.
- Present broader product range to customers and support marketing initiatives.
Required Skills, Behaviours and Experience
- Experience in building excellent client relationships in a sales driven environment.
- Good knowledge of fixed income markets with the ability to develop understanding of technical detail in a range of areas.
- Commercially focused with the ability to assist clients grow their business using a range of LSE products and services.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident and with the ability to comfortably interact with clients and market participants.
- Excellent verbal communicator, both in person and over the telephone.
- Proactively looks for and suggests ways to capitalise on new issuance opportunities in order to direct issuance to LSE’s markets.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Analyses issues to identify the most realistic and pragmatic solutions.
- Able to develop solutions that demonstrate an understanding of the external environment . legal / regulatory framework, competitor offerings etc.
- Shares information across team and other teams.
- Written communications are well structured, persuasive, concise and based on fact.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure in a constructive and professional manner.
- Excellent knowledge of Bloomberg and MS Office products, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Salesforce a plus).
- University degree of 2:1 or higher / Equivalent.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.