West Midlands - This Area Only
£27000 - £30000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with a vastly successful Birmingham based manufacturer, consolidator and innovator that supplies to Retail, Leisure, Food Service and Hospitality market sectors, as well as a range of major UK and European retailers.
We are supporting their recruitment for a Technical Manager to join their site in Birmingham, on a full-time permanent contract.
Reporting to the QA & Compliance Manager, you will ensure full compliance with customers’ requirements, compliance with the BRC standard and the companies legal obligations and assist in ensuring the consistent quality of production, incoming goods, ensuring procedures and specifications are followed. You will encourage and develop GMP across all areas and being part of the drive for constant improvement
To be considered for this position, candidates must be HACCP Level 2 certified, with experience of managing/supervising staff, BRC Food Packaging Standards knowledge and demonstrate internal systems auditing experience.
Technical Manager main duties:
* Management of the QA & Compliance team and deputise when necessary
* Deputising for QA & Compliance Manager
* Assisting in internal audits
* Active member of HACCP team, team lead for suitable qualified person.
* Assisting in 2nd and 3rd party audits when required
* Responding to customer requests
* Technical testing as required in both the QA laboratory and warehouse
* Liaising with suppliers, customers and colleagues at all levels
* Use of Quick Base and standard computer packages
* Assisting in improvements to the QMS
* Recording of results and report writing
* Assisting in Initial supplier approval and maintaining the approval system
Technical Manager desired skills and experience:
* At least level 2 HACCP certified
* Experience of managing / supervising staff
* Understanding of BRC Food Packaging Standard
* Internal systems auditing experience (trained auditor preferable)
* Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
* Working against procedures and specifications
* Experience of BRC; ISO:9001: ISO:14001.
* Knowledge of FSC/PEFC would be an advantage
* Experience of 2nd and 3rd Party audits
For all the above requirements the successful Technical Manager can expect to receive a salary up to £30,000 which is demonstrable with experience, plus additional company benefits.
If the above position sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply or contact GMP Recruitment directly.
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency