Trainee Reporter - Adrossan
Irvine, North Ayrshire, Scotland
Permanent (Full time)
Ayrshire and Clyde Weekly Press
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic trainee reporter to join our team covering news in Ardrossan.
From breaking news online, and reacting fastest to breaking stories to getting to the heart of a community issue, this is a varied role perfect for a tenacious mind with a sharp news sense and instinct of where to find the next big story.
Creativity and ideas are key, along with an understanding of news-gathering in a digital age. The successful applicant will be a natural on social media and determined to drive page views for their stories.
The job is perfect for someone with pre-entry trainee qualifications who can hit the ground running and start making a name for themselves in journalism straight away.
You will be joining a great, skilled, innovative, talented team with a passion for local news.
You will need:
- To be keen to get stuck in and take your career to the next level in a patch full of stories
- To have a web-first attitude and be keen to engage a growing online audience with exciting, reactive and innovative content
- To be willing to be coached in producing a daily output of high-quality accurate news stories for all our titles
- To be prepared for morning, evening and weekend work
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- NCTJ Diploma in Journalism or the equivalent
- Attention to detail
- The ability to write and think quickly under pressure.
- A strong news sense
- Great people skills
- An engaging writing style
- Full driver’s licence
If you feel this job is for you, please send a CV and covering letter to Gillian Murphy by clicking apply now.