Lounge Chef/Commis Chef/Chef De Partie - Heathrow Airport Terminal 3
Hounslow - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
You play a key part in delivering No1 Lounges food offering to standard every time, while ensuring the kitchen is
in pristine condition and adhering to food safety regulations at all times. You have a passion for delivering great
tasting consistent dishes and have a flair for product development.
• Compliance: Ensuring the Kitchen and where relevant food display areas operate safely in line with
legislation and procedure. You will ensure policies, practices and online systems are compliant and
completed in a timely manner, alongside adhering to all cleaning schedules and checklists.
• Stock control: Ensuring Stock to Par and prep and par levels are managed effectively. Keeping
consumable costs within budget and keeping wastage to a minimum. Adhering to stock rotation when
handling deliveries and produce and accurately reporting any product shortages or issues. Maintaining
high standards within kitchen and storage areas.
• Standards and Service: Take ownership and management of a busy kitchen, ensuring all food is
prepared and presented to company standard. Working as part of the lounge team to maintain levels and
quality on all Self-Serve areas. To control the quality and timing of food to the pass in a calm effective
• Preparing raw and cooked ingredients, cooking and presenting No1 lounges delicious food and
maintaining and being responsible for every dish leaving the kitchen as per the SOP’s.
• Comply with completing all safer food scores recording and actions in a timely manner.
• Understand and comply with all sections of the HACCP.
• Monitor and record food waste and ensure delivery and prep and par levels are adjusted where required
to kept to an absolute minimum.
• Always be in the correct uniform and cleanliness of this is maintained, ensuring any staff working within
the kitchen are following uniform regulations.
• Ensure that the correct action is taken when preparing storing of all food products.
• Pot wash areas maintained as safe areas of work and maintaining expected standards of cleanliness.
Reporting maintenance issues immediately.
• Ensure the kitchen is always exceptionally clean using the correct chemicals and cleaning schedules in
line with compliance regulations and SOP’s.
• Ensuring our products are always available to the customers and report any shortages.
• Full understanding and adherence to No1 Allergen process when preparing and delivering an allergen
• Comprehensive understanding of your ingredients/products and the finished dishes and recording
quality control checks.
• Taking ownership of stock ordering, planning and rotation - ensuring all products are put away safe and
rotated when needed and stored efficiently in the correct area to avoid cross contamination form other
• Understanding the business with it peaks and trough’s and maintaining a suitable stock level
• Assisting the team with menu preparation whilst ensuring strict stock rotation and minimum wastage.
• Co-ordinating the work of kitchen hands in the preparation and production of food, whilst maintaining
excellent presentation standards.
• Responsible for the upkeep of cleanliness and organisation of the kitchen, keeping all work areas tidy
and ensuring equipment is cleaned to standards.
• Ensure equipment is of good working order, conducting any required maintenance or cleaning schedules
and reporting any defects.
Please note, we are open daily throughout the year from early morning until late evening and shift work will be
part of your working week as the face of No1 Lounges. Therefore you should be willing to work early morning,
evenings and be prepared to work on a rolling shift pattern.
Due to our location within the airport a full 5 year working history in the UK and a clean criminal record is
required to allow us to apply for a security ID before your employment commences;
• Comply with all policies and procedures as written in the Employment Handbook and with appropriate
information security standards and guidelines
• Uphold confidentiality at all times and take reasonable precautions to protect the information accessed or
used in your work
• Willingness to help other team members wherever possible and to understand the flexibility required
when business levels peak and trough
• To undertake any reasonable requests made of you by the Company including flexibility in hours,
location and responsibilities
- Westfield Healthcare - covers dentistry, opticians, physio and much more
- Perkbox - get access to daily perks, discounts on shopping/experiences
- Free Lounge visits every year
- Complimentary staff meals and drinks whilst on shift
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Touchdown - Discounted Holidays/flights/cruises
- Discounted friend and family rates
- Car parking whilst on shift
- Employee of the month and Reward & Recognition schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Family Friendly Policies
- Up to 28 days holiday per year