Chippenham, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
... Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our UK team as a Project Engineer in Chippenham.
- Lead engineering requirements for Schneiders RTU range, T300, Saitel DP-DR using Easergy builder
- Oversee engineering and Customer requirements for Protection relays
- Conduct in investigations for quality and warranty claims
- Understand the Customer expectations, technical specifications and the scope of works required to satisfy the specification
- Execute the project, following progress in line with Project plan (scope, schedule and budget) until completion
- Act as front face of Schneider Electric to the customer, interacting professionally with the customer (correspondences, emails, calls, meetings, ...).
- Ensure highest level of customer satisfaction.
- When required, liaise with partners & suppliers executing the project in full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes, health, safety & quality instructions and governance
- Providing engineering and commissioning assistance on projects as required
- Regular attendance to site for meetings, installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance activities.
- Perform factory and site acceptance tests, identifying actual and potential non-conformances
- Assist with project management, planning and review of technical decisions and challenges
- Develop and maintain documentation, drawings, technical and activity reports in a timely manner, also assist with proposals, quotations and estimates
- Strive to develop and maintain technical best practice
- Provide mentoring and development of less experienced technical staff as well as job project/contract training for customers
- Additional activities to meet contracted requirements and/or to provide customer service and support
- Lead using Bridge Front Office for all quality issues and investigations for our Business sector.
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting of maintained systems
- Qualified to degree level in relevant discipline (electrical, mechanical, refrigeration or electronic discipline) or equivalent work experience
- Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in a similar role
- An understanding of Schneider Electric's products and applications RTU’s and Protection Relays
- The ability to own and follow through on commitments to completion
- Solid working knowledge of computers, operating systems and associated peripherals
- Sound commercial acumen, experience in cost monitoring & control, quality control, subcontractor management and designer management
- Proficient with MS project, Visio as well as Word and Excel
- Familiarity with SQL databases and queries
- Must hold a valid driving license
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
... offer to you:
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Primary Location: GB-England-Chippenham
Unposting Date: Ongoing