£9.00 to £12.00 per hour
Unspecified (Full time)
Posting date: 15 October 2021
Salary: £9 to £12 per hour
Hours: Part time
Closing date: 14 November 2021
Company: JustInTime Healthcare Services Limited
Job type: Temporary
Job reference: JIThealthcare
Home carer, Healthcare Assistant and Support Worker
Our client is urgently looking for Home carers, Healthcare Assistant and Support Worker - dependent on the job to provide person centered support for their clients across the location for a range of shifts
Salary and benefits
• Competitive pay
• Enhanced DBS Check
• We offer in house Mandatory training/Online care certificate
• Refer a friend scheme (bonus)
· To provide person centered support for the people we support
· To provide support in all daily living activities to suit the needs and wishes of the individual, keeping them healthy and safe
· To enable the people, we support to reach their full potential whilst promoting independence and choice.
The purpose of this is to enable the people we support to live happy, healthy, and fulfilled lives in a way which maximises independence and choice. The Home Carer will work with personalised support plans to ensure that all care and support provided is delivered in accordance with the wishes of the individual and in line with Community Integrated Care’s standards, policies, and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide a one-page profile of their likes, dislikes, strengths and how they like to be managed.
· Provide flexible support for the supported individuals when they need it in line with their personalised support plans, ensuring that the people we support are involved to the maximum, promoting independence, choice, dignity, and privacy.
· Provide support, including (but not limited to) help with personal care; budgeting; shopping; cleaning; cooking; laundry; engaging with social activities; assisting the person to maintain relationships with family and friends; being active in their community and assistance with medication, employment, or study.
· Understand and follow all the Service’s Care’s standards, policies, and procedures to keep the people we support healthy, safe, and well.
· Keep all relevant records up to date and private as directed by the line manager.
· Provide opportunities for the people we support to maximise their potential by helping them to develop both new and existing skills and abilities.
· Provide opportunities for the people we support to develop and maintain relationships and access the community in line with their wishes.
· Participate in their own development by actively engaging with learning and development process and opportunities including mandatory and best practice training opportunities.
· Adhering to all relevant national and local policies, procedures, practice guidance and professional codes
· Reporting any concerns to the appropriate personnel
· The post holder must be familiar with and comply with the Company’s Policies on Health and Safety and be aware of individual responsibilities under legislation.
· Employees must be aware of their responsibilities to protect service users, visitors, and employees against the risks of acquiring health care associated infections, in accordance with the Company’s policy.
· Support the development of performance standards within the services/departments to ensure the service is responsive to and meeting the needs of its customers.
Please send your CV or feel free to contact me on######### for further information.
Due to the anticipated high response to this role, we will not be able to respond to unsuitable candidates. Therefore, if you haven't received a response within 48 hours of applying for this role, then unfortunately we will not be progressing your application to the next stage.
Thank you for reviewing this opportunity and look forward to helping you to secure this role.