Scrum Master - Research and Engineering
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Permanent (Full time)
Our Operate business helps organisations transform and run complex operational processes that often create challenges and hinder their progress. Harnessing the power of tech and data to drive performance, Operate brings together innovative minds with a distinctive mix of subject matter knowledge and operational skills to deliver results that make the difference. We work with some of the most recognisable organisations worldwide in delivering large scale operational programmes and managed solutions. Underpinning all of this is our commitment to ensuring our people are equipped with tomorrow's skills to drive success for our clients today.
We’ve invested £40m into the creation of our Advanced Research and Engineering Centre in Belfast, part funded by Invest NI. We’re creating a team of engineers and technologists who’ll work within a bigger innovation ecosystem, including government, University academia and business, to help our clients take giant leaps, rather than incremental steps.
Our Advanced Research and Engineering Centre, based in Belfast, delivers pivotal breakthroughs to uncover the next generation of operational technology. As part of a team of innovative thinkers, you’ll work together to design solutions that will define the next decade and beyond.
As our dedicated Scrum Master, responsibilities will include;
- Identifying and removing impediments & blockers and assisting management in shaping the Organisation's Agile journey.
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions as they engineer new software products in areas such as Financial Crime, Digital Business Operations and Regulatory Compliance.
- Facilitating Scrum rituals & workshops enabling teams to deliver benefit by coaching teams on Agile/Scrum principles and values.
- Acting as a servant leader to several teams, leading by example.
- Setting up and establishing new Scrum and Agile teams as we expand our services.
- Supporting the Product Owner in delivering their Product aspirations in a timely and cost effective manner - ensuring enough planning is conducted to identify the correct approach to obtain ‘buy-in’ for delivery of critical dependencies.
- Working with the Lead Project Manager on the rationalisation and delivery of the Platform roadmap.
- Demonstrating continuous improvement of the team and its individual members and highlighting where strengthening and change is required.
- Aiding teams to effectively identify, plan and implement successful outcomes of work packages and projects.
- Providing reports and updates to senior management.
- Leading the Scrum and Agile development teams with experience of different methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Building cross functional, diverse teams to deliver complex technology enabled transformation projects and products.
- Focusing on working within the team to ensure flow is improved and lead-times reduced at every stage of the development process
- Ensuring the product backlog is captured, prioritised and delivered by the team.
- Guiding projects through the release pipeline, including ensuring releases have been load tested, have appropriate monitoring and comply with information security standards.
- Reviewing, and being responsible for, the overall development and integration of Epics and Features - including prioritising burndown lists.
- Ensuring appropriate tools are deployed and methods and practices are implemented - such as PPM and DevOps tooling.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master with knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Agile Delivery Capability: on experience in Agile / Scrum environments, in a software development arena is needed.
- Experience of leading the introduction and embedding of exceptional agile processes and practises.
- Proficient in project management softwares: Where possible experience in some of these tools: Microsoft Project, CORA PPM, DevOps, Jira, Kanban, Basecamp, Monday, Microsoft or Google Office tools.
- Industry Experience: in Software Development or Business Transformation projects delivering change through technology.
- Ability to lead and coach other and work cross functionally within an organisation
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk management and change management
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: ######
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: ######
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.