Design & Records Training Manager
Woolpit, Suffolk, England
£34000 - £37000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Do you want to join a multi-utility infrastructure provider that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work?
BUUK Infrastructure know that our greatest asset is our staff, and we are a company that our people feel proud to be a part of. The passion and commitment shown by every member of our team allows us to succeed in our mission statement – “To deliver consistently high-quality service to customers to earn their long-term loyalty to BUUK.”
GTC are part of a family of companies owned by BUUK Infrastructure group and we are currently recruiting for a Design & Records Training Manager to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills, and motivation to carry out work-related tasks undertaken by the Design & Records department. This full time, permanent position is based at our office in Woolpit.
We are looking for someone with experience developing and delivering training materials and a recognised training qualification. While it is not essential that you have had previous experience within this sector before, you must be capable of preparing Company procedures to reflect legislative and industry practices.. Training on our systems and the company will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career and join a company that has been recognised as a Great Place to Work®.
Responsibilities will include -
* Assist the Asset Design Manager in identifying training and development needs within the Design Department through job analysis and regular consultation with the Design Management Team.
* Delivery of all training specified by the Asset Design Manager.
* Assisting the Asset Design Manager with the design of and expanding the existing training and development program based on the needs of the Design Team and individuals.
* Working in a team to produce programs that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the Design Office, such as line managers and senior managers.
* Assisting the Design Training Instructors with devising individual learning plans off the back of consultations with the Team Leaders.
* Producing training materials for in-house courses.
* Assisting the Asset Design Manager with managing and delivering the training and development program and devising a training strategy for the Design Office.
* To oversee the monitoring and reviewing the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with the relevant members of the Design Management Team.
* Evaluating training and development programs.
* Amending and revising programs as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment, changes in process and regulations.
* Assisting the Asset Design Manager on testing new design systems and their roll out to the design staff.
* Taking the lead with the Design Management Team in how to solve specific training problems, either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
* Establish and maintain clear objectives for the team and set performance standards.
* Overseeing and communicate change.
* Understand e-learning techniques, and where relevant, being involved in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
* Ensuring that all the training requirements and development of individuals is confidential and only to be discussed with the relevant Training Instructors, Team Leaders or Asset Design Manager. That all records are kept secure and maintained in accordance with business process and Data protection Regulations.
* To undertake other administrative tasks as reasonably requested by the Asset Design Manager.
* Undertake Technical and Safety Audits as determined by business need.
* Implement and develop processes to internally communicate any technical and maintenance requirements for accepted projects.
* Development and use of system/databases to manage customer requirements to facilitate all aspects of customer relations.
Along with a rewarding working environment we offer a competitive starting salary, pension and life assurance. We offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (plus the opportunity to purchase more through our flexible benefits scheme), corporate perks (reduced cinema tickets and discounts at high street shops), wellbeing assistance (24-hour helpline and counselling service) and a social calendar with events taking place throughout the year. Our Woolpit office also has staff car parking and a subsidised restaurant available on site.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the Resourcing team on (phone number removed) for an informal discussion in confidence.
Due to the current on-going Coronavirus pandemic, we understand there may be questions about working from home and our offices. BUUK and its group carefully monitor government guidelines and are proud to operate COVID secure offices.
We currently offer a mixture of office and remote working for positions where possible and are taking precautions to ensure all of our staff are safe. Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss this further