Principal Engineer (Mechanical)
Croydon - This Area Only
35000.0000 - 50000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
A leading multi-disciplined M&E building services design consulting company based in London is seeking to recruit a 'Principal Engineer' to join their team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Take the respective discipline lead role within a multi-discipline mechanical and electrical building services team, providing design and technical advice on projects. Provide a professional and technical consulting and design service to the client encompassing of, but not limited to, site surveys, meetings, feasibility studies, due diligence, design, technical reports and specifications, commissioning, and defects inspections.
Manage multiple projects in a co-ordinated manner, meeting project deadlines and cost requirements. Work on own initiative, with minimum supervision on all technical aspects of the agreed discipline elements of projects. Take the project lead role as the companies main point of contact where required, coordinating a multidiscipline design and consulting team including, as appropriate, Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health and Sustainability Engineering. Work in co-ordination with all other design team members, internal and external and provide excellent client care and reporting throughout the whole project life cycle. Seek opportunities to develop additional business for the company and prepare and / or input into the production of fee proposals and technical bids as required.
- Understand the project appointment, fees, allocated time and scope of work and if required prepare a detailed design programme, considering the deliverables and the required design dependencies from others.
- Understand project costs and the impact of designs and recommendations on the overall budget for the scheme, provide an input on and monitor the cost of the appointed work.
- Manage your workload to meet agreed timescales and deliverables, and those of others where leading a multi-discipline project and as agreed.
- Arrange and where appropriate chair meetings as required.
- Attend meetings to represent the specific technical discipline and be able to convey other disciplines on behalf of the Company.
- Communicate proactively and professionally with internal and external project teams and clients, attending meetings in a professional manner. Prepare diligently for all meetings and issue a pre-prepared progress report to the meeting as required.
- Arrange and carry out site surveys as required and prepare the appropriate reports.
- Demonstrate and deliver excellent technical and report writing skills.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from site related to the specific discipline and report to the client.
- Carry out condition surveys for the specified discipline for combining into an overall report for the client.
- Contribute to the overall feasibility study on projects for the specified discipline.
- As required produce designs, calculations, room data sheets, equipment schedules and specifications and other technical information as required to meet the agreed project stage / level, and coordinate these with others in conjunction with the CAD Department.
- Understand project risks and produce combined MEP Residual Risk Reports in accordance with the CDM regulations with input from other disciplines as required.
- Show leadership in the promotion of sustainability and energy efficiency within designs and recommendations.
- Carry out defect’s inspections and report and input into the witnessing of commissioning
Please forward your details for an immediate interview