Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Up to £40,000 per annum
Reporting to the General manager
I am looking for a hands on Factory Foreman with an Engineering Bias background for a progressive company based in Chesterfield.
The purpose of this position is to ensure efficient management of the production following all the company's Health and Safety and Quality Procedures.
The Factory Manager will manage the factory's daily and weekly tasks whilst continuously reviewing stock levels of material that are required to fulfil the requirements and ensuring orders are out on time in line with the customers specifications.
As a Factory Manager you will be required to attend weekly production meetings and liaise with the teams to ensure a smooth output.
The Factory Manager will be respectful and supportive at all times and be a good listener. You will lead by example and manage the teams in a professional manner.
* Management of factory personnel in your department in a professional manner
* Ensuring that all personnel comply with company rules and Health and safety regulations
* To be responsible for organising the workload of fabricators/welders/painters to meet customer requirements
* To ensure all materials are on hand to fulfil production requirements
* Responsible for organising and overseeing that all workstations are clean and tidy
* Attend weekly production planning meetings
* Ensure Job route cards, drawings and production specification details are provided for each product inbuild and are completed correctly by the factory operatives
* Ensuring all paperwork returned to relevant personnel within 24 hours of the build completion
* Final Quality Inspection and Sign off, of completed bridges prior to despatch, ensuring all items are ready prior to loading
* When required, that all procedures are followed and adhered for the building of a product to EN1090 standards
* The loading and unloading of haulage contractors in a safe manner and delivery paperwork checked
* Quantity & Quality checks carried out on acceptance of all deliveries
* All delivered steel is marked with the appropriate reference number and steel sheets are collated
* All material used in production is recorded on the Job Route card
* Periodic steel stock counting
Responsibility for stock ordering and stock allocation for each project
Responsibility to prepare annual budgetary requirements for factory improvements
Responsibility for requesting of additional working hour and/or additional factory staff
Monitoring colleagues to ensure projects delivered on budget.
Non Financial Dimensions
Responsibility to ensure production time scales and costing are adhered to
Responsibility for all production staff on site
Responsibility for all sub-contractors on site required in the factory environment
Monthly KPI for production time by staff member
Monthly KPI for delivery times versus agreed delivery schedule
Overtime or extra time used each month
* The Factory Foreman must be willing to follow instructions and take a personal interest and pride in making sure the production is always running smoothly.
* They will also need to balance the administrative side of production management with getting results and keeping the production team on track.
* They should be comfortable working in a pressured environment and have a good command of the subject of production and team management.
* They should enjoy working as part of a team and must take a leadership role as needed.
* They should be able to multi-task, prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
* They should get along well with others and be a good listener.
* They should be punctual, reliable, and follow up on all action items.
* Be hands on when required
* Adhere to and embrace the quality and compliance standards required by the company
§ Prior fabrication factory and production management skills
§ Prior personnel management skills
§ PC literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
§ Experience with Stock control and management of inventory
§ Experienced welding skills (Coded Welder)
§ Experience with ISO9001 quality requirements
Experience with Health Safety requirements
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age