Do you want to play a vital role in a $1.2 billion global technology transformation? Do you want to drive innovation and automation across an organization?
At Equifax, we are powering the world with knowledge to help people live their financial best. Today’s fast-moving world means our customers need us to be always on and always available – and we need talented people to make that a reality!
As the cloud comes of age, we’re embracing it. We’re not simply lifting and shifting old problems to a new infrastructure. Instead, we’re rebuilding from the ground up in a cloud native way – for better security, faster product innovation and true continuous integration.
As our Cloud Architect, you will design, implement and provide technical support and consulting for projects to be deployed either on premise infrastructure or on a Public Cloud provider. Within the role, you will be the SME and architect responsible for the supervision of the company’s cloud computing migration, including cloud application designs, cloud strategic plans and technical guidelines.
Be AtYourBest at our Leeds Tech Office
We believe that you perform at your best when you feel empowered to take control of your own work. That’s why we’re moving from a project to a product based approach that allows our teams to ‘build it, own it and run it’.
But it’s not all about work – we provide a range of benefits that support you both in and out of the office.
- A great central location in Leeds, the UK’s fastest growing city and a rising hub of tech and finance
- BUPA medical insurance, company pension, discounted gym memberships, volunteering & charity gifting initiatives, and a full educational and assistance programme focused on mental and physical wellbeing
- An employee recognition scheme where you can earn and redeem points to unlock a wide range of exciting rewards
- Access to a host of retail, dining and holiday discounts
- Flexible working – talk to us about how we could better support you around life’s commitments (made easier with our 35-hour working week)
- 26 days’ holiday from the start, with an additional day off on your birthday and one day for voluntary activities
- Dedicated ‘innovation time’ and regularly hosted ‘lunch & learn’ sessions where you can develop explore new technologies and develop your skillset
- An annual Hackathon (2 days’ worth of office hours), in which you can participate and pursue your own ideas as part of a team
- A culture of fun, collaboration and diversity
What are we looking for?
The right candidate will have previous experience working as an infrastructure or solution engineer/architect, with experience of designing and deploying solutions in public cloud.
What would make you stand out?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related discipline
- Experience deploying Public Cloud based solutions over AWS, Azure, Google as well as Private Cloud solutions, in order to be able to map on premise services against equivalent Public Cloud Services.
- Experience with Public Cloud, including demonstrable experience designing and deploying solutions in Public Cloud
- Operating System product knowledge including Linux OS (SUSE SLES v11, CentOS 6.x or higher, RedHat Linux v6.x or higher)
- Knowledge of Java Enterprise Edition releases and Java Application Servers
- Kowledge of Virtualization technologies including Microsoft Hyper-V & Microsoft Systems Centre, Red Hat KVM & VMware
- Knowledge on different Cloud service models such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, as well as Private Cloud, Public Cloud and Hybrid Cloud deploy models
- Security Infrastructure design and support (IDS, IPS, Firewalls, etc.) in Public Cloud
- Background in building or designing web services in the Cloud
What you’ll be responsible for:
- You will engage on Business Unit projects to elicit requirements, specifications and project scope
- You'll produce conceptual designs and cost estimates adhering to architecture standards
- You will craft detailed designs and build instructions for projects
- You'll support Project Managers in a consultative capacity during project implementations.
- When required, you will provide Level 3 diagnosis and advanced troubleshooting, whilst responding to technical issues in a professional and timely manner
- You'll research and test midrange products and tools to maintain currency and enhance functionality and automation
- You will implement the corporate strategy to migrate, as much as possible, applications and services to Public Cloud, which will include supporting the process to create a well-informed cloud strategy and lead the adaption process
- You'll provide guidance to deploy applications into the cloud
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail apply online.
**Primary - Tech Engineering and Service Ops
Schedule: Full time
Posted 20 days ago