Residential Home Manager
Corwen, Denbighshire, Wales
£38k per year
Job Title - Home Manager - Residential Children's Home Location - near Corwen, North Wales Salary - £38,000p/a plus £1500 car allowance for use of own vehicle.
Well established and welcoming team, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, option to purchase extra holidays, employee assistance helpline
You will possess a Level 5 qualification in Children and Young People and Management, or be working towards this, and have at least 4 years experience in a similar residential setting.
Due to the location and nature of the role, a driving licence and use of your own vehicle is essential.
Do you believe that some of your best traits are compassion, empathy and friendliness? Would you say that you're the type of person who likes to make people smile? Would you like to work in a job that adds real value to people's lives and at the same time offers you an actual career and job security? If this is how you see yourself, and these are the type things you're looking for, then maybe this could be the right job opportunity for someone just like you.
Our client pride themselves on their friendly, innovative, person-centred, empowering and positive values that we reflect as a company. We are seeking candidates who share the same passion for the values as we do, offering a career where you can develop these attributes further.
Does this sound like you? Would you love the opportunity to make a real difference to our Young People's lives as a Home Manager?
Then we need your support!
A warm welcome awaits you in our well established specialist service for children who present with emotional, behavioural and other complex needs. Based near Corwen, we care for Young People with varied interests and requirements, so each person is respected and valued as an individual, with tailored programmes to address the specific and changing needs of each young person.
We are seeking candidates who possess a QCF / NVQ level 5 Management in Children and Young People and QCF / NVQ level 3 in the Children and Young People's Workforce (or working towards) to join our existing experienced team of residential childcare professionals at our home. You must have experience working with young people and have the compassion to succeed within a challenging environment. The Home Manager will have experience of managing staff teams in a children's residential care setting.
Young people at Branas Isaf are afforded high levels of care, they are supported to experience opportunities, to develop confidence, self-esteem and appropriate attachments. Young People thrive in an environment where carers use their skills to promote positive affirmation, celebrate educational & social achievements and provide the therapeutic expertise & support to effect positive change. In return for your hard work, we will provide you with on-going training opportunities, in tandem with good rates of pay and a benefits package.
Our Young People have varied likes and interests, whether this be singing, cooking, dance or going to the cinema; sometimes they need support and this is where you come in to help them live fulfilling and independent lives.
Responsibilities of the Home Manager will include:
- To deliver a high level of quality support to the Young People and staff team
- To exceed the requirements of the National Minimum Standards for Children's Homes
- To promote positive and personalised outcomes of children and young people.
- To be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements of the service
- To recruit, manage, retain and train staff both individually and as team members
- Attend and contribute to monthly management meetings In tandem with the above, you will be flexible to undertake on-call duties, you will have experience of managing budgets and well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
What we provide
- We provide a full induction programme to Social Care
- We provide superb FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
- We have a proven progression path - most of those who started as Support Workers are now Residential Managers
- We offer competitive rates of pay, along with an impressive benefits package including flexible additional holiday purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, stakeholder pension scheme, share save scheme
- We offer apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to get into the sector
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us. Under the Equality Act 2010, some posts may have a minimum age requirement, based on the age of the oldest child within the service you are applying for. CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.
By applying for this role you accept the Recruiterlink terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Posted 47 days ago