Audit Manager - Credit Audit
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- To manage and undertake an independent assessment of the quality and effectiveness of controls, risk management, systems, processes and procedures in order to ensure that risks are effectively managed in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
- Undertake reviews, as directed, in order to assess the quality and effectiveness of controls, risk management, systems, processes and procedures, highlighting areas of concern.
- Plan and organise reviews in accordance with the Internal Audit Plan and agree audit scope and terms of reference to ensure they are carried out effectively and within the timescales allocated, keeping management informed of their progress and findings.
- Lead and contribute in end to end credit audits, covering front office, second line and other support and control function processes and activities.
- Performing fieldwork and involved in the overall effectiveness assessment of controls.
- Produce draft issues/findings for Senior Audit Manager or Head of Audit’s review and present to business’ management detailing the findings of reviews in order to agree factual accuracy and make generic recommendations for improvements to the management and control of risk.
- As appropriate, pro-actively liaise with stakeholders and team members in order to discuss current and future issues; feed risks identified into the planning process and provide advice and guidance as required, whilst promoting best practice.
- Confirm that outstanding issues identified during reviews are followed up and resolved to ensure that risks are effectively managed in accordance with all relevant policies and regulations.
- Manage and maintain relationships with management, colleagues and relevant external parties to discuss current and future issues and ensure their requirements and concerns are addressed.
- Support management in understanding and accepting where corrective actions need to be taken in order to protect the Bank.
- As appropriate, pro-actively liaise with internal stakeholders and team members in order to discuss current and future issues; feed risks identified into the planning process.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements where appropriate implementing actions to protect the Bank’s business at all times.
- Recommend changes to policies, systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
Manage, motivate and develop team members as required.
- 5 + years’ experience in external or internal audit (preferably in credit audit)
- Prior banking experience in credit risk (first or second line) may also be considered
- Good understanding of banking concepts, products and procedures
- Good knowledge of Banking regulations
- Good knowledge of credit risk, front office (retail and wholesale), middle and back office processes, as well as the role of second line in such activities.
- ACA or Other Professional qualification relevant to the role.
- Strong command of English.
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Internal Audit experience
- Strong verbal communication
- Strong written communication (such as report writing
Posted 46 days ago