Multichannel Test Analyst
- JD SPORTS PLC - AT A GLANCE
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion Plc is a leading multichannel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands in the UK and Europe.
The Group has over 1200 stores across a number of retail fascias and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
The Group embraces the latest online and instore digital technology providing it with a truly multichannel, international platform for future growth.
- ROLE OVERVIEW
As a multichannel test analyst you will be responsible for the planning, execution and management of testing activities across all multichannel platforms and applications in an exciting, fast paced environment.
You will work closely with business analysts, project managers and developers (internal and third party) to ensure we have the capability to test scheduled releases, helping the business to achieve our objectives and further enhance our market leading multichannel offering.
Quality assurance will be at the heart of everything you do, driving improvements that help us deliver quicker whilst giving our customers the best possible experience.
We are looking for someone passionate about testing, quality, continuous improvement and self-development. In return you will receive the support, training and development to further your career
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a comprehensive library of test suites with test cases to cover our mobile, native app (iOS, Android, Amazon Fire), desktop, kiosk, web till and back end systems
- Work with business analysts to develop acceptance criteria for user stories and identify areas for further test script coverage
- Ensure handovers into the testing team meet required standards so testing can be executed without compromising the release schedule
- Propose suitable test approaches and create test plans including functional, smoke, system, regression, integration and exploratory testing runs as appropriate
- Execute manual tests, recording progress and results for test runs and test cases within the team’s test management system
- Isolate problems and log clear and sufficiently detailed defects to ensure first time acceptance and therefore quicker resolution
- Identify opportunities to automate our testing, creating and managing appropriate automation scripts
- Schedule automated tests for execution, ensuring the results of test runs and test cases are recorded within the team’s test management system
- Review automated test results to isolate problems, ensuring clear and sufficiently detailed defects are logged for first time acceptance and therefore quicker resolution
- Manage and communicate defects and blockers with the wider project and release team, planning and scheduling further test cycles and retesting as appropriate
- Identify and communicate any risks that may affect the scheduled release and identify mitigation measures
- Provide test completion reports including both execution metrics and defect details and communicate these with business stakeholders
- Identify reoccurring defects and blockers and implement measures to prevent these in the future
- Prepare and allocate test plans to external testing resource during busy periods, taking responsibility for the quality of execution and defect reporting to ensure standards are maintained
- Take responsibility for your personal development including setting objectives and milestones, and identifying your training needs
- Be flexible and prepared to work out of normal hours where necessary to support testing activities on major go-lives of our platforms and applications
Identify new ways of working and supporting technologies that will assist the team to become more efficient and deliver a higher quality of testing service to the business
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED
- Experience in test management, planning, execution and defect management
- Strong understanding of the software development life-cycle and testing methodologies
- Previous experience in testing multiple customer focused front end channels.
- Working knowledge on JIRA / Trello / Test rail.
- Integration and end to end system testing working with API’s, XML, SQL, and database queries
- Desirable -- Development and maintenance of test automation frameworks and test scripts written in C using NUnit and using automated testing tools including Selenium WebDriver and Appium
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Confidence to challenge developers, project managers and business analysts to ensure the quality of the release is not compromised
- Knowledge and experience of quality assurance and root cause analysis
- Team player able to work constructively with project managers, business analysts, developers, suppliers, team members, business users and managers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to plan and manage time accordingly
Certification in testing such as ISTQB / BCS
Desirable skills / experience
- Experience of ecommerce or multichannel retailing
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Exposure to JMeter
- Exposure to Performance / Security Testing
Posted 14 days ago