Big Data Engineer Technical Lead
North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
The Big Data Engineer Technical Leadwill be responsible for the technical design and implementation of analytical platforms, as well as for the deployment of Ignite developed insights. This system will ingest and manage large volumes of data on a Hadoop Big Data platform, it will provide access using analytical tools (R, Hive, Hue, Presto, Tableau, Spotfire) to internal users & customers. You'll work closely with Data & Analytics users to understand business requirements, as well as with technical leaders of fulfillment platforms (to influence the design and implementation for insights deployment). The person in this role will also be expected to work with Product Owners, security engineers, the infrastructure organization and vendors to define product roadmap, tool/product selection and provide infrastructure design. This is a ‘hands on’ lead role.
So, what will impress us for the Big Data Engineer Technical LEAD position?
- At least two years experience in a similar lead role (working with Hadoop)
- IT degree/qualification
- Display technical leadership in this space
- RStudio experience/expertise
- Should have reasonable knowledge of Anaconda Notebooks, Tableau, SAS and Spotfire
- Passionate about system administration & learning new technologies
What's in it for you?
Other than offering a very competitive salary here are just a few of the other benefits we offer:
- Work/life balance, employees consistently rate this category as 'five stars'
- Curated learning opportunities available through Equifax's online training portal. We will also fully support further educational opportunities on a case by case basis
- Income Protection Insurance, benefit payment for up to 75% of salary up to two years
- Structured onboarding/induction training for new employees
- You are eligible for a paid day off for your birthday, paid floating day and a paid volunteer day
- Final Friday of every month we facilitate a companywide gathering/celebration (drinks/canapes)
- Stunning offices in central locations
- As a major sponsor of the Sydney Swans you’ll have plenty of opportunities to attend games
- Corporate Healthcare Plans & Gym memberships
- Multiple local and international career opportunities given our 10,000+ employees in 24 countries
- Several recognition programs
- Referral reward - successfully refer a new employee and receive between $1,500-$6,000
- Employee Assistance Program - Free counselling services
- Novated lease options available
Finally, a little bit about us:
Founded over 100 years ago, Equifax employs 10,000+ employees across 24 countries and is regarded as a global leader within information solutions. Equifax uses data, analytics and technology to provide first-class products for its customers. One billion consumers and over ninety million business customers worldwide rely on Equifax to organise, assimilate and analyse data.
Equifax is also recognised as one of the three largest credit agencies in the world. Equifax has grown from a consumer credit company into a leading provider of insights that helps its customers make more informed decisions.
Put simply, Equifax helps to power the financial future of individuals and organisations around the world.
**Why you might love working as a Big Data Engineer Technical LEAD at in the - Technology Development and Client Services
Schedule: Full time
Posted 20 days ago