Financial Controller - Blackpool | Zoek UK
£55000 - £63000 per annum
Fantastic opportunity for a strategically-focused Financial Controller to take ownership over commercial finance with a genuine industry leader. A real chance to put your stamp on a function and add tangible value in an established, stable and continuously growing business.
This Financial Controller position is distanced from 'transactional' and month-end based accounting functions, and is fully responsible for driving the business forward commercially via analysis, improvements, business partnering etc.
- Acting as lead for the commercial (operational) finance function, managing a team and taking ownership over commercial finance activities across an international function.
- Leading the creation and consistent development of a new commercial financial reporting structure. This will ultimately be the blueprint for international zone reporting, and the bench-mark to drive further improvements.
- Acting as senior finance business partner, managing multiple international stakeholders and expectations at any one time.
- There is an expectation for this individual to 'get out from behind the desk' and liaise with stakeholders in operations, logistics, central functions etc to better understand the business.
- Fully responsible for commercial financial analysis and related reporting across the business. This will, for example, include cost management, production cost, variances vs actuals, pricing & margins, stock & inventory, reconciliations, systems & processes analysis.
- Responsible for the management of a small and generally autonomous team, consisting of part qualified finance analysts.
- Play an active role in the continued development of the ERP system from an operational perspective.
- Assist in the constant improvement of controls and processes related to finance, stock and the systems across the business.
- Reporting complex financial matters at a top level. Regularly interacting with board-level individuals.
- Partnering the pricing team to ensure products are market conforming, but also return sufficient margin to the business.
- Identifying weaknesses and opportunities for improvement throughout the business and function, acting on these accordingly.
- Top level reporting, often dealing with senior stakeholders across multiple functions.
- Ad-hoc accountancy and commercial project work, generally assisting the Finance Director.
- Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA Status. 'QBE' Candidates with relevant industry knowledge will be considered.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing or FMCG is essential.
- Commercially aware. Strong communicator with ability to interpret complex financial and business matters.
- Strong management accounting and/or finance business partnering experience. Prior Commercial Finance Manager / Financial Controller experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Strong excel skills. Capable of interpreting and manipulating large volumes of data.
- NAV accountancy experience would be highly advantageous.
Genuine industry leading manufacturing/FMCG firm based in Blackpool. An established, stable, and growing (via acquisition & organically) business with a strong market foothold. Strong company emphasis on employee retention and positive culture.
Salary & Benefits
- £55,000 - £63,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Regular salary reviews
- Progression / development plan
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: ######
Posted 25 days ago