Wheaton Aston, Staffordshire, England
£19324 - £22132/annum
Unspecified (Part time)
Huntercombe Hospital Stafford is a CAMHS unit for children and young people with illnesses such as eating disorders, and other complex mental health conditions, such as psychosis, bipolar disorder and emerging personality disorder. We are located in Wheaton Aston on the A5 just a few miles from junction 12 of the M6, 10 miles from Stafford, 12 miles from Wolverhampton and 21 miles from Telford.
We are looking for a Secretary to join the team and provide a full medical secretarial service to the Consultants and Medical Team. You will assist them in achieving their objectives, organising their workload and liaising with all relevant and appropriate services.
We are looking for a confident and organised person to work within our team, to provide excellent secretarial support to our Unit Consultant and the Unit as a whole within our Huntercombe Hospital Stafford.
A passion for customer care, exceptional interpersonal skills and a high level of patient focus is needed. Relevant experience and audio typing of 70 WPM is desirable, with AMSPAR qualifications an added advantage. Additionally you will be experienced in taking minutes.
• To take receipt of all correspondence, ensuring that the appropriate action is taken
• The audio transcription and text processing of complex clinical letters, reports, case summaries and other correspondence as required by the Consultant and medical team, whilst ensuring a high degree of accuracy in medical terminology and clinical details
• To act as the focal point of contact and be responsible for the dissemination of information, messages and enquiries for the Consultant and medical team, liaising with multi-disciplinary team members, other Health Professionals and Staff, GPs, Social Workers, Service Users, Carers, and any other appropriate external agencies
• To be responsible for ensuring the implementation of patient registration codes for medics are set up as required by the Consultant, and management team
• Entering patient data on the patient registration system on behalf of the Consultant/Medical team in a timely manner
• To be responsible for preparing and ensuring that Care Records and all necessary paperwork is available
• To access and retrieve data for the Consultant via the specified reporting system or Microsoft databases as required
• To manage and co-ordinate the Consultant’s electronic diary.
This is a full time position working or hours per week from Monday to Friday. Working hours are between 9am to 5pm.
The salary ranges from £(phone number removed) per annum and is based on experience.
Please take a look at our progressive and rewarding benefits package
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
2 week’s paid paternity leave
Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
Generous annual leave allowance
Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
A range of staff discounts
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability or social background. This is a great opportunity for someone to make a difference.
For a more detailed job spec please take a look at our Website where you can also read some inspiring stories and find out why working at Huntercombe really sets us apart from the rest