Engineer - Middlesbrough | Zoek UK | 874572
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
Meridian Business Support are recruiting on behalf of our client, for an Engineer due to expansion of their business, to work within the Engineering Team based in Middlesbrough.
In return you will be working for a leading global contractor within the oil, gas and wind sectors where you will be offered a competitive employments benefits package.
This position is suited for an Engineer who has graduated and had the opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities in structural design environment. Your responsibilities As an Engineer your primary responsibilities are to conduct studies and make technical calculations in consultation with and subject to the approval of the Senior Engineers, taking into account the client's wishes and in line with current 'Internal Engineering Instructions' and statutory norms and standards.
Duties to include:
• Contribute to finding efficient and effective methods for transport and installation of the foundation and wind turbine components
• Being able to come up with concept designs of tools and equipment for transport and installation of the components
• Design of Seafastenings for the transportation of deck components to current design codes
• Developing operational plans with respect to vessel arrangements, lifting plans, vessel positioning, etc
• Contributing to standardisation and optimisation of work processes Job requirements
The Engineer will be pro-active, decisive and result driven person who can manage challenging projects in a structured way. A creative thinker with strong communication skills to effectively work in a team on multiple projects, together with:
• A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore engineering degree, or equivalent
• Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations • Proven experience within a structural design environment providing:
• Detailed design and engineering of structures • Solutions to project deliverables. • Able to produce structural calculations by hand and computer to current design codes. • Able to offer technical support and advice during the project execution phase.
• Knowledge of 3D / FEA software, . Inventor and Ansys.
• Post-Graduate employment as an engineer for offshore structures or civil technical projects, preferably in the offshore or offshore wind sector
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...