Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
Overall Project/Task description
Candidates should hold or be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools - Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Selenium, etc
- Experience with writing build scripts using tools like Gradle, Ant, Maven
- Experience working with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Hudson
- Experience with writing automation scripts for SCM tools like GIT, SVN etc.
- Experience in deployment and configuration management tools, such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Experience in deploying containerised production environments using Docker, Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Strong Experience in writing custom scripts for automated deployments – batch/Shell Scripting
- Experience with Java/J2EE and C#/.NET application development and deployment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience and good understanding of database skills (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience With Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Capability to generate and manipulate SQL scripts used to query and manage database content
- Experience of database management and performance tuning with a relational database such as SQL Server or Oracle
- Awareness of administering operating systems including Microsoft Windows (client and server) and UBUNTU
- Awareness Of Emerging Technologies
- Experience managing highly available web servers with a focus on configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they are:
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and enjoys helping people
- Logical when problem solving and able to think laterally
- Capable of communicating to technical and non technical staff unambiguously at all levels with respect to support calls
- Willing to challenge and improve existing processes and practices
- Able to contribute and participate in solution development
- Proactive and forward thinking to stop problems occurring
- Capable of multitasking and balancing complex customer and internal priorities
- Able to concisely and clearly communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Willing to travel (when required) to customer sites
Successful candidate will have :
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
- Strategic thinking – able to identify a technical vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term
- Influencing and persuading - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Adapts to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change
- Communication – able to communicate and collaborate effectively with wider team members located elsewhere within the India and UK, and to get the message across as appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information
- Managing relationships and team working - able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people. Works cooperatively with others to be part of a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively
- Enthusiastic approach – able to demonstrate an enthusiastic and proactive approach to software development
- Delivery Focus – able to produce high quality software products in accordance with agreed delivery plans and sometimes within aggressive budget and timescale constraints
- Adaptability – able to work flexibly and imaginatively in a changing and evolving project environment with regularly changing requirements.
At Least one Object Oriented Programming Language
OS: Windows / Linux
Version control (SVN or GIT)
Container Orchestration (Swarm, Kubernetes)
TDD Experience (Junit / TestNG)
BDD Experience (Cucumber / Selenium)
App / Web Server Installations
Experience of working with mixed onshore/offshore development teams
Experience of working with the Scrum Agile development methodology
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Data Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required. Must have or be able to gain NPPV or SC security clearance
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
Posted 6 days ago