Wakefield - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Transport FLM
Contract Type: Fixed Term - 6 months
Closing Date: 08/03/2021
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off days (05:00 - 17:00)
Looking for a typical 9-to-5 job with a boss who'll tell you exactly what to do? Keep looking. This job isn't for you. If you need to succeed, you're driven to achieve, and you have what it takes to tackle whatever the day brings… we want you on our team.
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we're looking for world-class people. People who aren't afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard.
We deliver unparalleled excellence to our customers, and ourTransport First Line Managers are the first line of leadership in delivering that excellence. Can you envision yourself serving as the frontline connection between business success and employee engagement?
Do you have the skill set to ensure optimum levels of productivity while maintaining a safe work environmentfor all associates? If so, keep reading.
In this Transport First Line Manager role you will:
- Manage the daily operational planner
- Maintain compliance of all vehicles and drivers - fleet maintenance and working time legislation
- Deliver performance reviews and manage areas for development if required
- Promote health and safety throughout the transport operations, ensuring a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers and resolve any queries risen by them in a timely manner
- Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels in line with company requirements
- Allocate drivers to home delivery and trunking routes and book Agency when required
You won't find another Transport First Line Manager job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. If you're a leader with a can-do attitude, who's passionate about doing things the right way the first time, join us and become an essential part of everyday life. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Previous Team Management experience within a Logistics Operation - ESSENTIIAL
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.