Bid Manager / Pre Construction Manager
Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
A well established and respected main contractor are currently looking for a Bid Manager / Pre-Construction Manager to join their busy pre-construction department.
They aim to enhance the existing bidding function in order to further develop their ability to secure work.
Operating in London and the South East market both within residential public and private sectors they are dedicated to creating a strong team spirit achieved through commitment and engendered by the determination of their management.
The Bid / Proposals Manager will work with the Business Development, Estimating, Operation and HSQE teams. Key accountabilities will be to analyse prequalification and tender documents, making recommendations to line managers and manage and be involved in the production of tender submissions and check the finished document.
* Experience in collating and writing the content material for Pre Qualification Questionnaires and Tender Quality submissions
* Working with the bid teams on all pre-construction activities such as review project, design, planning, services, constraints, risk register, answering all quality submission questions regarding these matters
* Social housing pre-con/design experience.
* Able to understand construction terminology
* Experience of working in a Construction environment / professional office environment
* Knowledge of Asta Power Project, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
* Comfortable at working to tight deadlines
* Effective listener and communicator
* Effective presentation skills
* Assertive and confident
* Able to work in a team enviroment
* Excellent organisation skills
* Demonstrated problem solver
The benefits package is generous and includes a car allowance, healthcare and pension.
Personal benefits include a keen company commitment for professional development and the opportunity to work in a friendly environment.
Please telephone Robert Ferrari for a preliminary discussion, or apply in strict confidence