Solution Architect - Glasgow | Zoek UK | 93fafc
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus
Permanent (Full time)
Solution Architect - Glasgow
I am working in partnership with a leading Glasgow based organisationlooking to recruit a Solution Architect to join their team on a permanent basis.
The team is responsible for a vast deployment of various IT technologies, and they are responsible for supporting legacy and on-premise estate, which is hosted in their UK Data centres and currently looking at the evolution to cloud across various disciplines. They are looking for strong IT professionals who can help on their journey to ensure their solutions are designed, configured, deployed, and evolve their UK technologies in Solution Architecture areas such as Data, Digital and Infrastructure.
Responsibilities of the Solution Architect
- Responsible for supporting multiple businesses and diverse IT architectures for the deployment of various Technology solutions and application, becoming SME in one or more areas
- Documenting and deploying IT solutions to internal standards, supporting IT change at various stages of deployment
- Supporting the IT business in the drive to move our systems to cloud based solutions
- Supporting one or many of Cloud, Data, Digital and Infrastructure solution domains
Skills and Requirements
We are looking for multiple technical solution architects with hands on experience. The ideal candidates will have most of the following:
- Microsoft Azure or equivalent cloud-based Architectures. Understanding of PaaS, IaaS and SaaS Architectures based composable technologies, with a strong appreciation of the future direction of connected cloud applications via API and middleware solutions, or automation
- Experience of cloud adoption and migrating of legacy compute, storage and DB via re-platform, transformation and rehosting of both COTS platforms and in-house developed solutions
- Deployment and design of Data & Analytics solutions at the infrastructure layers for both on-premise products such as MicroStrategy and Power BI. A strong understanding of the move to cloud for Azure based Architectures around Synapse and understanding of Data process such as ETL/ELT, staging, MDM, Data Quality & governance.
- Deployment of Cloud Based applications using AKS, WebApps and Cloud based SQL DBA. Strong understanding of containerisation and configuration.
- Modern Digital technologies such as IoT, RPA, AR/VR, PKI, middleware
- Knowledge of CICD pipelines and path to production of controlled source code using GitHub, Jenkins, maven, sonarqube et al
- Strong understanding of the importance and requirements for IT security and identification of risk at various layers
- It is expected that all Solution Architects understand traditional 3-Tier Architectures using classical Windows, Linux and DBA such as Oracle and MS SQL deployments. Understanding of HA and DR configurations for backup and recovery a benefit
- Strong understanding of networking, routing and standard IP, DNS, DHCP, DMZ, VPN et al.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Domain Architectures, antivirus, monitoring & operations and build patterns
- Appreciation of physical, data centre and remote hardware configurations
- Background in coding or scripting
To learn more about these exciting opportunities, please apply in the first instance with an up to date CV
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...