Finance Manager - Birmingham - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 96f6d9
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Birmingham - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Assistant Finance Manager
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Location: Coalville (required on site x1 a week) otherwise working from home
Customer: Multi User site (Cannon and Eaton)
Contract Type: 3 Fixed term (Full-Time) with the potential of going permanent
Closing Date: Friday 27th August 2021
Did you know that DHL Supply Chain is the world's leading contract logistics provider? Did you know that we employ over 40,000 people in the UK alone and that we have a habit of promoting from within? Did you know that each of our customers have a dedicated finance function and Finance and Operations work seamlessly to ensure we maintain our status as the partner of choice for businesses around the world.
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We are looking for an Assistant Finance Manager who will work as part of a team responsible for the preparation and presentation of accurate financial reports, budgets and forecasts to required deadlines. You will develop stakeholder relationships to ensure smooth receipt and supply of data in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
The Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Finance Manager will include
- Supporting other finance colleagues in their daily tasks including timely sales and purchasing
- Ensuring adherence to accounting rules, procedures and timescales
- Analysis of financial data and production of management accounting information for business including benefits tracking
- Continuous review of customer debt and cash allocation and escalate as necessary
- Provide reports as and when requested
- Support Operational teams in provision of ad hoc reports
To be successful as an Assistant Finance Manager in DHL Supply Chain you need the following:
- Effective communication and rapport building skills
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality services and solutions
- A customer centric approach to finance and business operations
- An extremely high work ethic
- Motivation for career progression and development
- A knowledge of the use and meaning of finance metrics and tools
- Ability to gather and correlate correct date
- Ability to apply DPDHL financial policies to a limited range of activities
- Prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Be PC literate in Excel, Word etc.
- High level of literacy and numeracy
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, pay journey, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
Joining the DHL family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the DHL values simply apply online, uploading an –up-to-date CV with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.