Data Engineer - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
London, Greater London, England
£50000 to £75000 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
6point6 – Data Engineer
The data team is focused on the industrialisation of technologies that have made it into the mainstream. However, increasingly our clients are struggling to drive value out of Big Data technologies due to a lack of architecture, skills and compelling business cases. This team brings together a great team of leading practitioners in IoT, AI and Data technologies that realise the value and promise of these emerged technologies.
Join our vibrant and specialist technology team, helping grow our Data Platforms team. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the business strategy, go to market and deliver on our team objectives. So, if you have an entrepreneurial flair, grounded in technology delivery then this is the team for you.
We are looking for Data Engineers at from mid-level to experienced who have worked on large scale data projects including exposure/experience with big data technologies such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Java etc
· Experience with programming languages Python, Scala or Java
· Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
· Streams/Samza for data ingestion, transformation, and processing.
· Experience with either AWS or Kafka
· Experience with visualization tools such as power BI or Tableau
· Knowledge of back end programming, specifically Java with understanding of design patterns such as dependency injection.
· Experience with Big data technologies
· Knowledge/experience with Elastic Search
· Knowledge/experience with Gremlin or similar languages
· Knowledge/experience with graph databases
As we also engage on a number of exciting accounts across the UK public sector, we want our staff eligible for security clearance. You need to have been a permanent UK resident for at least the last 5 years and be legally entitled to work in the UK.
Benefits of working with 6point6:
At 6point6, we offer a fantastic compensation package which is well above industry standards with a host of other benefits including company pension, laptop, cycle to work scheme, private medical and dental insurance and a generous holiday allowance.
You will be working and learning from some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the technology industry. Our architects, engineers, and delivery professionals are helping the world’s largest organisations to build their strategies, next-generation architectures and solutions.