Director of Operations - London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Director of Operations
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious Director of Operations who has a successful track record of performance and delivery, ideally within the education sector and is seeking an inspirational individual to provide assurance and strategic leadership to the BPET Central Senior Management Team, the Chief Executive and Board leadership over HR, health and safety, risk, contract and asset management, data protection and coordinating Legal support across BPET.
Naturally engaging your vision of how services can be delivering BPET’s vision combined with your highly-developed influencing skills and a successful delivery track record will be underpinned by personal resilience and an ability to thrive in a senior management role. You will already hold a senior leadership role and have a credible track record you will enjoy being part of an ambitious, highly motivated team.
- Working as a member of the Central Team to provide strategic leadership and direction to BPET.
- Providing professional input on governance in Schools, both via routine individual meetings and attendance at BPET Board and Local Advisory Board meetings, as required.
- Modelling BPET’s vision through professional behaviour, promoting high expectations, challenging peers, and being the lead professional.
- Represent BPET at networks and strategic panels as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements, Company Memorandum and Articles, and the funding agreement with the DFE.
- As a Senior Leadership team, work with the CEO, Director of Finance and Director of Education to positively contribute towards the delivery of all aspects of the BPET 3 Year Strategic Plan.
- Leading, developing holding to account senior colleagues to deliver high quality performance, ensuring that effective performance management and succession planning are in place.
- Working with the CEO on mergers and acquisitions including due diligence and the management of change for new schools joining BPET.
- Leading the health and safety, risk management, procurement, IT and HR functions.
- Lead the HR function across BPET, with clear policies along with a regularly reviewed contracts and support service to enable schools to act quickly and decisively with HR issues.
- Leading on leasing and management of school space to further develop the Enrichment Fund.
- Develop and promote BPET’s ICT Strategy across schools and managing the outsourced provider
- Produce termly risk registers, taking into account school risk registers to inform a Trust wide approach to risk management
- Lead on the development of the Management Information System across BPET.
- Act as the Data Protection Officer for the Trust, leading on implementing the requirements of GDPR and advise schools on the use of data, in line with the BPET Data Protection Policy.
- Effective procurement and management of Trust-wide contracts, delivering value for money and management of supplier relationships and service delivery, especially for Catering, ICT and FM providers.
- Oversight of PR, Communications and marketing our schools to be full with parents selecting the school as their first choice.
- Managing and updating BPET policies in relation to statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Manage a compliance framework for safeguarding, regulations and compliance and Health & Safety from the audits across the schools.
- Ensuring business continuity plans are established and regularly reviewed by schools and central functions.
- Leading the development of Office Managers and Site Managers, with regular network meetings.
- Leading and ensuring effective performance management and succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Support schools through the COVID restrictions, supporting their risk assessments and adherence to DfE guidance and COVID related statutory restrictions.
- Support schools through new developments . nursery expansion and any building works agreed and funded for schools.
- Ensure an Asset Management strategy is in place, providing the upkeep of schools.
- Bid for Condition Improvement Fund, managing the investment of successful bids.
- Overview capital funds across the schools, with ESFA funded programmes (when over 3,000 pupils)
- Timely completion of the ESFA Land and Buildings returns.
- Promote BPET through strong relationships with ESFA, DfE and RSC colleagues.
- Represent BPET within external forums creating opportunities to enhance the profile of BPET within the education sector and local communities. Developing local partnerships where there is a shared common purpose.
- Lead internal audits in relation to operational responsibilities and within the external audits.
- Applying specialist knowledge and experience to assist Headteachers, the Executive team and the BPET Board in the consideration of strategic issues and ensuring that decisions are taken in BPET’s best interests.
- Carrying out such other duties as required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post