Analytical Scientist - Macclesfield | Zoek UK | 9ad767
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Analytical Scientist - Product Development
Macclesfield, Cheshire East, England
Permanent (Full time)
The purpose of this job is to perform analysis of pharmaceutical raw materials, drug substance, and finished product and produce accurate results within an acceptable timeframe.
Please note, this role is a Fixed Term Contract, with a potential for extension.
* To perform routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the Lead Scientist or customer representative.
* To review analytical data for GMP compliance.
* To prepare and approve results for tests in which they have received the appropriate training and are deemed competent.
* To train as required, other Eurofins or client employees in analytical techniques and electronic system in which the Analyst is competent.
* Must be able to mentor junior members of the team.
* Development and validation of analytical procedures used for API's, drug products and regulatory starting materials with some supervision from senior/colleagues.
* To initiate and follow-up OOS results and action limits as per customer procedures.
* To identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
* To document data as dictated by current AZ policies and procedures.
* To ensure that all documentation is carried out on time, is accurate and legible and conforms to the relevant quality standards.
* To update any relevant documentation when requested by Lead Scientist or client representative.
* To participate in the preparation of reports.
* Attend regular client/Eurofins team meetings. To share learning and understanding to the wider Analytical community.
* Ensure that the customer gets the best possible service by continually reviewing best practice in relation to both commercial and quality issues and ensuring 100% ethical work standards and GMP compliance.
* To become fully familiar with and keep up to date with any technological or method revisions in their area, ensuring their training is complete and adjusting their work as required with approval from the Lead Scientist.
* To collect and measure productivity through agreed metrics such as number of tests performed, cycle times, lab/product issues, number of hours worked per project, etc.
* To keep the laboratory area clean and tidy in both ‘seen’ and ‘unseen’ areas.
* To ensure uniformity, reproducibility and reliability in all work practices