Assistant Accountant - Glasgow | Zoek UK | 9ae073
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Assistant Accountant - Support Services
£28000 - £32000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
We are pleased to announce that SThree is looking for a Support Services Assistant Accountant, to be based in Glasgow, although working remotely for the foreseeable future. In this role, you'll be supporting our Support Services Financial Controller and assisting with the delivery of accurate support services management information.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, a global specialist talent organisation. Priding ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that you have adequate support to excel in your career. Perhaps this is why 93% of our people would recommend SThree as a place to work.
Key responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
Month End & Reporting
- Prepare and post monthly Journals including payroll postings, accruals and prepayments and regional specific cost adjustments.
- Assist AP Non-Trade with invoice coding and posting review.
- Trend analysis and comparison against plan & prior year before month end close.
- Ownership of the monthly accounts close for support services, adhering to the monthly close timetable.
- Assist in the monthly variance analysis and commentary production providing insightful analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Monthly reconciliation of support services entity balance sheet accounts with a focus on agreed key accounts - including collation of all necessary supporting documents.
- Proactively work with relevant stakeholders to ensure all outstanding balances are followed up with clear notes, time-lines and actions for resolution
- Assist with the production of the monthly Risks and Opportunities schedule
- Develop a good understanding of the different bonus schemes across the group, working closely with the Rewards Team
- Responsible for the allocation and analysis of all advertising spend across the group
- Secondary point of contact behind the Support Services Financial Controller for all accounting matters
- Assist the Support Services Financial controller in the Budget/Re-forecast processes.
Year End & Half Year
Contribute to deliverable items as part of group and local audits, working with the External Reporting team to ensure all audit requirements are met. These include:
Ensuring compliance with local legislation
Submission of completed balance sheet reconciliations with supporting documentation to group and local auditors (PwC)
Assisting the External Reporting team with any ad hoc requests
Ensure all year end and half year payroll reconciliations are provided in accordance to the agreed timetable.
Complete all year end & Half year deliverables within your remit by the agreed deadline.
- Undertake the accounting postings, analysis and reconciliation for internal payroll at each month end.
- Maintaining of payroll issue log in partnership with Internal Payroll and driving towards resolution for all the items logged
What skills/experience should you have?
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA Accountant, equivalent or QBE.
- Good knowledge of financial and management reporting
- Good analytical skills with the ability to explain complex financial matters clearly and concisely
- Good MS Office experience necessary (VLOOKUPS, SUMIF, Pivot Tables) with an excellent standard of formatting
- A good working knowledge of financial systems (with previous experience of SAP, BW & Business Objects preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Resourceful and good attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise workloads with minimal supervision
- Comfortable to work under pressure
What can we offer you?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employee's hard work is valued and rewarded.
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering
- Extensive employee benefits system
We look forward to hearing from you.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...