Network Engineer (Voice) - London | Zoek UK | 9d09ce
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Network Engineer (Voice)
London, Greater London, England
£35000 - £48000 per annum + pension, 25 days annual leave
Permanent (Full time)
Reports**to: Lead Infrastructure Engineer**
Location: Redman Place, Stratford
Flexibility: We're flexible on how you do your work, with this role only expected to be in the office 1 or 2 days per week, and a 'core hours' policy of 10am-4pm
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (may have flexibility) per annum dependent on experience
Application method: Please complete the anonymous application form, making sure all of your experience is included so that we are able to effectively shortlist.
Application Deadline: Sunday 10th October 2021, .
Want to know more? Take a look at our Candidate pack
Cancer Research UK and our Technology team are evolving. As one of the world's leading research-based charities, we have invested in our infrastructure and moved to our telephony provision completely over to cloud. Its an exciting time to join the network team.
Our Voice Engineer role is a stand-alone role allowing you to be the subject matter expert and develop deep expertise to support Cancer Researcher's fight to find a cure for all cancers.
What will I be doing?
As a Voice Engineer, you would have worked within an ITIL environment and confident working with various technologies. The overall purpose of the role is to identify and resolve network and / or Voice problems following agreed procedures. To use network management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out maintenance tasks and agreed network changes supporting project requirements.
The Voice Engineer is part of our Network team to have responsibility for the proactive monitoring of our network, reacting to alarms and working with internal teams and external suppliers to provide engineering and operational support in the resolution of all service issues. All customer facing and internal network elements require monitoring to maintain Service levels in line with SLAs and OLAs. The Network team work within a broad range of network disciplines; skills and knowledge include transmission, routing, switching, VoIP and security. We are looking to enhance this team by employing a support engineer who understands Unified Communications. We are in continuous technology growth cycle and have Migrated Mitel Telephony system to Microsoft teams to meet business communications needs. which provides this technology and will need supporting by our network team. If you have experience of Unified Communications such as Microsoft Skype for business or Teams, we would like to hear from you. If your experience is more traditional Voice or VoIP with network routing switching and would like to learn, we are happy to assist to enhance skills.
If you are a network engineer who thrives in an environment with shifting priorities and are responsible for the gathering of information in the event of a network incident and assessing the impact to all services, maintaining an incident bridge to effectively co-ordinate the appropriate support teams and communicate progress to management and engineers involved in resolving any issues.
Then we love to hear from you, don't delay applying.
What are we looking for?
- Expertise in Teams Telephony, Anywhere 365 UCC experience
- Experience of SIP Call routing, Ribbon Session Border Controllers, Any Call Suppression experience (. suppressing voice payment data)
- You'll have previous experience of managing, supporting, and developing voice and network infrastructures
- You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Experienced in the configuration and support of voice networks - LAN's & WANs, routers, switches, SIP, H323 with a specialist in one or more areas acquired through academic qualification or further professional training and development.
What's in it for me?
- 25, days annual leave (plus bank holidays and the ability to buy up to 5 days per annum) and 1 CRUK day.
- Pension (employer contributions of up to 10%), life insurance and a great benefit discount platform.
- An incredibly strong tech stack
- A brilliant learning and development environment
- A range of generous rewards and benefits via our Rewards platform everything from gym membership, cinema tickets to discounts on cars.
If this describes you, you can enjoy a phenomenal career with us as, together, we bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...