Senior Social Worker - - Nationwide | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Social Worker - Palliative Care
£45.4k - 59.4k per year + £5K relocation, £Bonus, Accommodation
Permanent (Full time)
We are seeking a committed and experienced Band 7 Senior Social Worker to join the Palliative Care Team providing a high quality research based casework service to service users on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
Reporting to the Community Social Work Manager you will:
- Provide a social work service to people who have a life-limiting illness, their carers and family during a time of change and uncertainty associated with disability, loss and grief.
- Work collaboratively with the Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Specialists to provide expert specialist care in all care settings
- Act in an advisory capacity to members of the multidisciplinary cancer & palliative care team on social care issues, educating or acting as a mentor as appropriate.
- Provide training, consultation and supervision for internal and external staff in relation to this specialist practice area.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 7 salary is up to £58,081 plus an annual bonus of £1,350
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS or Local Authority service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare; their Social Work service provides excellent Adult Community care, supported by Social Workers recruited to a very high standard.
Person requirements :
Qualified Social Worker with current full Social Work England (or equivalent)
Current or recent Palliative Care experience, including managing own caseload.
Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence.
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- A £1,350 annual bonus
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
Posted 39 days ago