Technical Trainer - Shrewsbury | Zoek UK | 9edf90
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
£30000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Technical trainer role available in Shrewbury area
- salary is £26k - £30k
- 40 hours per week Monday – Friday,
- free on-site parking.
Main Duties for a Technical Trainer:
- Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Delivery of the skills, knowledge and behavioural components of the automotive Apprenticeship Standard to ensure that apprentices are successful at their gateway and End Point Assessments
- Liaising with colleagues and managers to ensure co-ordination between off the job and on the job training
- Develop and update training materials and courses
- Maintain a safe & clean working environment
- Maintenance and development of training aids, workshop facilities and resources
- Promote efficient use of resources with particular emphasis on reducing the detrimental effects of such resource use on the environment
- Complete timely assessment of apprentice work (practical and theoretical)
- Feedback results of practical and theoretical assessments to apprentices ensuring that apprentices understand what they need to do in order to improve
- Work with the Learner Support Department to ensure maths and English are embedded within technical training
- Support the personal development of apprentices by embedding the ProVQ Apprentice Attributes within training sessions
- Support and mentor apprentices to ensure each reaches their maximum potential
- Implement the ProVQ Safeguarding policy and procedures to ensure that the wellbeing of apprentices is prioritised
- Identify and report any factors that may put a learner at risk of not achieving their learning aims, using the correct paperwork and guidance notes as provided by ProVQ
- Liaise with all parties involved with the training and support of the apprentice to ensure that all support requirements are met in order to achieve all their learning aims
- Escalate any concerns with learner progression to your line manager
- Maintain accurate and up to date apprentice training records ensuring consistency between training records and learner data stored in the ProVQ data Management/recording systems.
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly in accordance with company policy and timelines
- Comply with all the requirements for Government funded apprenticeship programmes
- Contribute to implementation of continual improvement (SAR & QIP)
- Participate in internal and external quality audits, including observations of teaching & learning, matrix assessment & Ofsted Inspections
- Follow processes and administration requirements in accordance with company procedures
- Attend careers events/shows to promote and provide students, schools, and parents with the most up to date and relevant information concerning apprenticeships
- Agree own objectives with line manager
- Attend staff meetings & forums and contribute to specific development projects
- To be committed to own development and participate in CPD programmes as required.
- Keep up to date with technical and academic knowledge
- To comply with the ProVQ Health and Safety Policies
- Work to promote, implement and contribute to ProVQ’s Equal and Diversity Policy
- To apply ProVQ’s Safeguarding and Prevent Policy and practices
- To support ProVQ in ensuring compliance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act
- To undertake all other duties as may be reasonably required as requested by ProVQ Directors and Managers
Essential Criteria for the Technical Trainer:
Appropriate level of occupational competence
Either posses or be willing to work towards an approved teaching qualification
Full Driving License holder
First Aid at Work Qualification (or willingness to undertake)
Satisfactory enhanced DBS check
Resources for which the post holder is accountable:
Expenditure: expenses and travel
L**imit of Authority**:
Not currently a holder of or responsible for any budget.
- No financial authority
- Authority limited to ensuring the proper conduct of apprentices
Colleagues & Departmental Managers
IQA & EQA’s
Achieve and maintain an individual rating of 95% compliance on internal Audit
Measurable contribution to continual improvement in line with QIP targets
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the job or the level or responsibility entailed
If this Technical Traniner Job interests you and you would like to know more about it or other Automotive Jobs in Shrewbury please contact Aaron Hunter at Perfect Placement UK Ltd.
Our team of Automotive Recruitment Consultants all share a passion for finding our jobseekers the best jobs in the Automotive Industry. So if you are looking to improve your career and want to hear about more Motor Trade Jobs in your local area, please get in touch with us today
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...